STOCKHOLM, May 9, 2019
- In local currencies, sales increased by 3 percent for the first quarter. Reported sales increased by 11 percent to 3,258 MSEK (2,941).
- In local currencies, operating profit from product segments1) increased by 7 percent for the first quarter. Reported operating profit from product segments increased by 15 percent to 1,238 MSEK (1,079).
- Operating profit amounted to 1,190 MSEK (1,047) for the first quarter.
- Profit after tax amounted to 880 MSEK (766) for the first quarter.
- Earnings per share increased by 19 percent to 5.17 SEK (4.36) for the first quarter.
1) Operating profit for Swedish Match product segments, which excludes Other operations.
For the full report: www.swedishmatch.com/Investors/Financial-reports/Interim-reports/
Swedish Match telephone conference
A telephone conference will be held today, Thursday, May 9 at 2:00 p.m. (CET), (1:00 p.m. UK time). At this time we will review and comment on the results. Participants will include Lars Dahlgren, Thomas Hayes, and Emmett Harrison.
Listen to the telephone conference: www.swedishmatch.com/Investors/Presentations/Webcasts-and-audiocasts/
Telephone conference presentation: www.swedishmatch.com/Investors/Presentations/
Lars Dahlgren, President and Chief Executive OfficerOffice +46-8-658-0441
Thomas Hayes, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial OfficerOffice +46-8-658-0108
Emmett Harrison, Senior Vice President Investor Relations and Corporate SustainabilityOffice +46-8-658-0173
Richard Flaherty, President US Division, US Investor Relations contactOffice +1-804-787-5130
This information is information that Swedish Match AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08.15 a.m. CET on May 9, 2019.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download: