(MENAFN- mslgroup) Abu Dhabi, UAE 25 November 2021: Hack In The Box (HITB), a cutting-edge platform for technical talks and trainings in cyber security, today announced that HITB+CyberWeek 2021 will feature The StartUp Village by DisruptAD, which will see start-ups specialised in cyber security showcasing the latest technologies to eliminate online threats for a secure digital future.
HITB+CyberWeek 2021, brought by DisruptAD, takes place from 21-25 November and will gather the world's leading innovators and cyber security experts in a five-day hybrid event. The physical event will take place at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC), where The StartUp Village by DisruptAD will showcase next-generation cyber security start-ups hailing from the UAE, Middle East, Europe, and Asia. Technology enthusiasts can register to attend now and access all keynotes, talks, labs, contests, villages and activities.
Dhillon Kannabhiran, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, HITB, said: “As digital transformation accelerates globally, it is essential for all businesses to operate with layers of protection in light of the latest cyber threats. HITB+CyberWeek by DisruptAD supports the UAE’s vision to become an entrepreneurial nation by 2031 and will provide a platform for founders to promote a cyber-safe and secure digital future. In doing so, high-growth start-ups will descend on The StartUp Village by DisruptAD, where we expect to see the latest disruptive technologies further solidify Abu Dhabi as the epicentre of innovation.”
Entrepreneurship is a long-term priority for the UAE to strengthen the global competitiveness of the economy and advance key sectors. The StartUp Village will feature nine cutting-edge start-ups, originating from seven countries, as they demonstrate their products on 24 and 25 November at ADNEC:
• Adversea (Israel) – the leading AI research startup has demonstrated a new attack method on AI facial recognition applications. By making imperceptible changes to the human face, it makes an AI-driven facial recognition algorithm misrecognise people to protect users.
• Authomize (Israel) – from securing authorisations to assets across all cloud environments (SaaS, IaaS, Data, etc), the start-up offers unprecedented visibility, continuous data aggregation and enforcement capabilities, as well as ease of management through a single interface.
• CrowdSwarm (UAE) – a crowdsourced cyber security marketplace built for bug bounty and penetration testing programs for startups, SaaS, FinTechs and the developer community
• CyberArrow (UAE) – specialises in offering digital cyber security SaaS products and managed services to ensure business continuity and automated governance, risk, compliance and cyber security awareness.
• Flying Algorithms (Poland/UAE) – enabling drones to interact with air traffic control commands, the start-up’s prototype won first place in the Drone Bot contest on the Deep Drone Challenge organized by BrigkAIR in collaboration with Airbus in Germany.
• FullHunt (UAE) - enables companies to discover potential attacks, monitor their exposure, and continuously scan for the latest security vulnerabilities in a single platform.
• HackShield (Netherlands) – Gamifying cyber security, the Dutch initiative invites public and private organisations to create a movement in the battle against rising numbers in cyber crime. Through HackShield World, the platform encourages children to act in the battle against cyber crime and share their skills and knowledge with friends and family.
• Polaris (Vietnam) – a cloud-based platform using a next-generation AI engine to monitor and analyse website and API traffic to predict and prevent cyber threats before they happen.
• SecSi (Italy) - Security Solutions for Innovation (SecSI) is a company focused on cyber security topics with a strong link with the University of Naples Federico II and the research group of Network Security.
As a new addition to Abu Dhabi’s growing innovation ecosystem, DisruptAD is enabling the development of disruptive technologies through a local community of founders, fund managers, incubators, and accelerators. Nurturing entrepreneurial talent and tech start-ups at all stages of growth is a priority for DisruptAD as it aims to create value and opportunities to benefit the economy. DisruptAD is also contributing to the UAE’s technology ecosystem, providing new and established ventures with access to its growing market, seed funding, and larger ticket investments.
Visit CyberWeek.ae and register to attend HITB+CyberWeek 2021, brought by DisruptAD.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.