(MENAFN- Comserve) Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan, Japan, Oct 14, 2021, 08:49 /Comserve / -- 3D Scanning Market With Top Countries Data, Industry Analysis , Size, Share, Revenue, Prominent Players, Developing Technologies, Tendencies and Forecast
The 3D scanning market was valued at USD 1.23 billion in 2019, and it is expected to reach USD 3.99 billion by the end of 2025, with a CAGR of 22.21% during the forecast period (2020-2025). Though 3D scanning technology has not penetrated substantially into the residential and private settings, these devices are prominently used to produce video games and movies in industries, such as entertainment and media. Other industrial applications, where these devices are found to be of great use, are architecture, construction, aerospace, healthcare, and automotive, among others, where these can be used for onsite parts production. 3D scanners have been a part of the innovations, led by a growing number of applications.
- 3D scanning technology witnessed considerable adoption from commercial applications. Further, the flexibility of the technology to be customized to meet professional needs in various industries has made it profoundly popular across major end-user industries.
- Furthermore, in the construction industry, 3D scanners are used to create a scaled 3D structure of a building. In the architectural industry, these devices help in preserving and archiving historical monuments from museums. Due to this technology's customizability and scalability, manufacturers rely on measurement accuracy and speed when building and developing advanced military and defense systems, using 3D scanners in making weapons and vehicles, such as frigates.
Click Here to Download Sample Report >>
Key Market Trends
Structured-light Scanner by Hardware Type to Drive the Market Growth
- A structured-light 3D scanner is a 3D scanning device for measuring the three-dimensional shape of an object using a single light source projecting multiple lines on the object being tracked by a camera or multiple cameras. This serves as a contrast to a laser scanner, which emits various laser dots on a single object, one after the other.
- Applications, such as reverse engineering of objects to produce CAD data, volume measurement of engineering parts, motion and environment capture for augmented reality games, body measurements for fashion retailing, automated optical inspection in high-speed manufacturing lines, and obstacle detection systems on unmanned aircraft, have been actively deploying structured light scanners.
- By offering capabilities, such as fast and no setup time, handheld 3D scanners make a convenient integration toward the same. Thus, multiple handheld 3D scanners for 3D printing have been deploying structured light technology. The technology uses trigonometric triangulation by projecting a pattern of light onto the object to scan.
- In August 2019, the Cobalt Design Structured Light Scanner family from FARO looked at 3D data capture capabilities across small, complex shapes with varied textures and color. The scanners could capture millions of measurement points in as little as a second, with up to 3.1 Mpx accuracy for small to medium complex objects. Recently launched Polyga's H3 handheld 3D scanner offers structured-light as a base for a multi-imaging pattern for 3D capture, with prices starting at USD 9,990.
- However, a significant downside of this type of scanner, being sensitive to the lighting conditions in a given environment, poses a significant issue in working outside.
North America to Account for Major Share
- The United States is one of the most significant and consequential 3D scanning markets across the world with healthcare, aerospace and defense, architecture and engineering, 3D Digital Corporation, research and education, entertainment and media is the significant, largest, and among some of the most advanced.
Request For The Sample Report Here:
- 3D scanning opens up boundless possibilities for artists of any kind, allowing them to translate their most fantastic ideas into reality. For instance, the US media and entertainment (M & E) market, which is 33% of the global M & E industry, is the largest M & E market in the world, especially 3D animation production in the country, which houses the animation studios, such as Disney and Pixar. The technology drives forward the movie industry and video games – many stunts and visual effects would have been difficult or even impossible to bring off before the advent of 3D scanning.
- In December 2019, Polyga Inc., a Canadian developer of 3D scanning and mesh processing technologies, announced the launch of the HDI Compact S1 entry-level professional 3D scanner at Formnext. The same pricing has been kept at USD 5,999 to cater to applications, such as 3D printing, reverse engineering (Scan to CAD), and scientific research, along with an essential quality inspection.
- Owing to Canada's commitment to the public access to healthcare, the government spending on healthcare exceeds 10% of Canada's GDP, one of the highest percentages in the developed world, which equates to well over USD 5000 in healthcare spending per capita. These, coupled with the increased demand for plastic surgery, prosthetics, amputation, etc., are giving way for new 3D scanners and scanning technologies shortly.
The 3D scanning market is fragmented. Overall, the competitive rivalry among the existing competitors is high. The new product innovation strategy of large and small companies is giving rise to the 3D scanning market. Some of the key developments in the area are:
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the 3D Scanning Market
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
Request For Full Report >> 3D Scanning Market
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.