IRIB: Iran 75 percent self-reliant in home appliance output

(MENAFN) IRIB reported that the head of the Iranian home appliance sellers' organization stated that just 25% of the equipment and parts used to manufacture various types of home appliances are imported. This 25% includes pumps and motors.

However, Akbar Pazouki noted that only 40% of audio and video equipment is manufactured domestically, with the other 60% coming from imports.

The Iranian government has adopted a new approach to boosting domestic production during the past few years to mitigate the effects of U.S. sanctions while lowering the economy's reliance on oil earnings.

In this sense, the home appliance industry has been a pioneer, and like many other industries, the output of home appliances has significantly increased during the last four years.



Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.