(MENAFN- Comserve) Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan, Japan, Oct 14, 2021, 09:20 /Comserve / -- Smart Railways Market With Top Countries Data, Industry Analysis , Size, Share, Revenue, Prominent Players, Developing Technologies, Tendencies and Forecast
The Smart Railways Market was valued at USD 13.85 billion in 2019, and it is estimated to be worth USD 32.07 billion by 2025, registering a CAGR of 15.14% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025). Global trends, such as digitization, connectivity, sustainability, energy conservation, and integration of IoT, have led to the emergence of the smart railway system. The global population is expected to reach 9.8 billion by 2050, out of which 75% will dwell in cities. Hence, it has become imperative for public agencies to ensure that the transportation sector is geared to meet the growing connectivity needs.
- The growth of the“smart railway” system is expected to be primarily driven by the growing need for urban connectivity, increased integration of IoT-based solutions, and higher emphasis on reducing emissions. By 2050, it is expected that passenger mobility may increase by 200-300% and freight activity may increase by 150-250%, according to the International Transport Forum.
- This calls for the implementation of smart solutions, to provide adequate transport capacity for growing volumes of goods and people. Trends, like machine-to-machine (M2M) technology, leveraging the embedded sensors, increase in computer power, and incorporation of Big Data and the Internet of Things, are expected to pave the way for truly integrated and inter-modal transport solutions.
- Furthermore, in order to create better growth opportunities, mega-regions, which essentially are a by-product of confluence between major cities, such as the Boston-New York-Washington corridor, the São Paulo-Rio de Janeiro region, or the Hong Kong-Shenzhen-Guangzhou area of China, are expected to come into being. These regions require high levels of connectivity, which can be realized by advanced communication technologies.
Click Here to Download Sample Report >>
Key Market Trends
Rail Analytics System is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- The rail network operators in developed parts of the world are actively investing in the development of analytics systems. Currently, there is a prominence of cloud-based systems. The market is witnessing a need for tools that help in maximization of intervals between certain maintenance events, like turning wheels (on a lathe) or replacing the wheel-and-axle sets on the trains, which reduce maintenance costs.
- The analytics-based solutions are expected to work in close coordination with security and surveillance systems to leverage video analytics, which is likely to help in obstacle determination, thereby, improving the overall efficiency of the railway system.
- Time-table management, capacity optimization, timely travel service, and predictive maintenance are the primary reasons for the adoption of rail analytic systems. The rail network operators in developed parts of the world are actively investing in the development of analytics systems. Currently, cloud-based systems are prominent. For instance, UK-based Network Rail recently partnered with Deloitte, to leverage the railway signaling systems to deliver 92.5% public performance measure (PPM).
- The expected software modules in smart railways are the ones with the ability to track and monitor, remotely diagnose, and maintain task management, along with data analytics, driver assistance systems, mobile technician app, and locomotive train controllers. New fuel technologies, to make railways as a more sustainable solution, are upcoming in the market. These are expected to include the usage of hydrogen, wind-turbines, or solar panels.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- According to the International Union of Railways, Asia-Pacific accounted for close to 28% of the total railways' network (in terms of length of lines). The share is majorly represented by China and India with 100,000 km and 65,000 km network. Regional governments in this region have been making concerted attempts to ”upgrade” and“revamp” the existing lines, to enhance the overall efficiency of their operations.
Request For The Sample Report Here:
- Furthermore, the emergence of megacities is expected to be the highest in emerging markets of Asia-Pacific; four of the world's existing 24 megacities are in China. It is expected that Chinese planners will merge nine cities in the Pearl River Delta, from Guangzhou to Shenzhen, to create a 26,000 sq. km urban area. This is likely to be 26 times larger than Greater London. Around USD 260 billion is expected to be spent on this project over the next four years, to integrate transport, energy, water, and telecommunication networks.
- Moreover, several banks in China are coming together to fund over USD 28 billion in public-private partnership (PPP) projects for the smart railway system. Similarly, Japan is on its way to deploying smart solutions, like providing the personal concierge for travelers, which leverages AI.
- The Shanghai Hongqiao railway station is one of the busiest railway stations in Asia, in terms of passenger throughput. In partnership with Huawei, China Mobile Shanghai launched a 5G network at the station, to incorporate a 5G digital indoor system (DIS). This is aimed at enabling passengers to log into a network supported by the system and download a 2 GB high-definition film in less than 20 seconds.
The smart railways market is highly competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players are currently dominating the market. However, with the advancement in network connectivity, along with the advanced technological growth, most of the companies are expanding their market presence across the emerging markets.
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Importance of Smart Cities
4.2.2 Increasing Population Growth of Hyper-Urbanisation
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Issues with Integration and Connectivity into Legacy Systems and High Initial Infrastructure and Related Investments
4.4 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.5 Porters 5 Force Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
Request For Full Report >> Smart Railways Market
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.