(MENAFN- Khaleej Times) Dubai is synonymous with glass skyscrapers. The emirate is already home to the world's tallest tower - Burj Khalifa - and world's tallest hotel - JW Marriott Marquis. But JW Marriott Marquis today lost its crown of the world's tallest hotel to its new neighbour - .
Interestingly, out of the top 10 hotels, Dubai is home to 7 tallest hotel structures in the world.
| Top 10 hotels by height |
1. Gevora Hotel, Dubai, 356.3m height, 75 floors
2. JW Marriott Marquis Tower 1, Dubai, 355.4m height, 82 floors
3. JW Marriott Marquis Tower 2, Dubai, 355.4m height, 82 floors
4. Rose Rayhaan by Rotana, Dubai, 333m height, 71 floors
5. Burj Al Arab, Dubai, 321m height, 56 floors
6. Emirates Tower Two, Dubai, 309m height, 56 floors
7. Baiyoke Tower II, Bangkok, 304m height, 85 floors
8. Wuxi Maoye City - Marriott Hotel, 303.8m height, 68 floors
9. Millennium Hotel, Dubai, 294m height, 66 floors
10. Abraj Al Bait ZamZam Tower, Makkah, 279m height, 58 floors
Measuring 356 metres in height, Gevora Hotel is one-metre taller than JW Marriott Marquis and 8th and 9th tallest tower in Dubai and the UAE - respectively. Developed by Al Attar Properties, it's 11th tallest tower in the Middle East and 35th in the world.
Al Attar Properties' portfolio includes few other landmark projects such as The Skyscraper, Polaris, Vista Del Lago, Vue De Lac and Global Point among others.
The hotel houses 528 rooms including 232 deluxe rooms, 265 one-bedroom apartments, and 31 two-bedroom apartments. The property is also equipped with main pool, baby pool, jacuzzi, health club, spa and five restaurants - including Highest View Restaurants located on the rooftop.
According to Colliers International, the UAE witnessed approximately 6,000 branded hotels keys opening in 2017, 78 per cent of which in Dubai and 10 per cent in Abu Dhabi.
Colliers predicted that hotels located in the vicinity of Sheikh Zayed Road and Dubai International Financial Centre will command $212 average daily rates in the first quarter of 2018 with 89 per cent occupancy. For the whole 2018, it sees ADR will be about $168 in this area with 80 per cent occupancy.
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.