(MENAFN- Arab Times) Atyab Alshatti
Can a man file for divorce if he finds out how his wife looks like without makeup after getting married!? How far could makeup hide the actual appearance of someone? Social media revealed not only the enormous quantity of makeup and cosmetics that most women around the world use, but also how these cosmetics could change them to look like a completely different person.
Makeup for occasions and daily routine could be thick, bold or just simple – extended lashes, contact lenses, hair extensions and nail extensions make everything seem fake and temporary.
The look one wants to have will just fade away. But can men file for divorce just because their wives look different without makeup?
According to the Family Law, certain conditions must be fulfilled to obtain a marriage contract and get married – terms of correction, terms of application and terms of proceedings.
Terms of correction are required to ensure that the marriage contract is made with both parties being aware and knowledgeable of all issues related to their marriage.
1. Knowing each other: the husband knows who his wife is, her name, etc.
2. Acceptance: both parties know and accept marrying the other, not forced to do so.
3. Attendance of the woman's guardian like her father, brother or uncle.
4. Attendance of witnesses when obtaining the marriage contract.
5. No contraindications in both parties like being siblings or family members which the Islamic Law prohibits
Terms of application
1. Both parties must be adults and sane. If one of them is insane, the approval of the guardian is required.
2. The marriage contract must be made by an authorized person like a sheikh. Terms of proceedings 1. Husband must be worthy of having the woman as his wife.
2. Both parties should be without flaws that might prevent them from having a normal life as a married couple.
Basically, if the male spouse never saw his wife without makeup before getting married and he liked the way she looked, he had his faith in this look once they got married.
If he finds out later that she looks different without makeup, then definitely there's a problem as the terms of correction are missing – not knowing his wife or how she actually looks.
This is a huge mistake which might lead to divorce. Women who are engaged or are getting married soon must be responsible by being honest from the beginning. They must reveal their actual appearance, because it is better not to be in it rather than being in it only to lose it due to mistakes.
By Atyab Alshatti, Esq.
Email: lawyeratyabalshatti@ gmail.com
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.