(MENAFN- America News Hour)
The market for Marine Coatings is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 2% during the forecast period. The major factor driving the growth of the market is the growing ship building industry in the Asia-Pacific region, along with the increasing production rates of leisure boats and cruise ships around the world.
– Increase in the production of leisure boats & cruise ships and growing ship repairs & maintenance activities are augmenting the growth of the market.
– Stringent government regulations & sluggish growth in shipbuilding activities in few countries are likely to hinder the market's growth.
– Innovations to increase fuel efficiency of ships & reducing emissions are projected to act as an opportunity for the market in future.
Click Here to Download Sample Report
Key Market Trends
Increasing Production Activities in the Marine Industry
– Coatings are used for both interior and exterior purposes on yachts and other leisure boats. A significant share of demand comes from the coatings used for yachts.
– Yacht coatings are available in different variants, such as premium topcoats, high-build surfaces, various protective primers, finishing primers, and antifouling paints.
– Further, interior topcoats and wood coatings are used in yachts and other boats as well.
– In addition, cruise travelling has outpaced the general leisure travelling segment with the global cruise passengers estimated to be around 25.8 million and projected to grow to 27.2 million, according to Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA). This growth is anticipated to continue further, which, in turn, is expected to create a surge in the demand for coatings used for repair and maintenance purposes.
– All the aforementioned factors are expected to drive the global market during the forecast period.
China to Dominate the Asia- Pacific region
– Asia-Pacific is the largest ship producing region in the world, catering to the demand for various types of vessels, ranging from ferries, small boats, fishing vessels, tow and tugboats, to the oil industry vessels, cargo ships, passenger ships, bulk carriers, and container ships.
– In Asia-Pacific, countries, such as China, Japan, and South Korea, are the leading producers of vessels, while large shipyards also exist in various other nations of the region. China accounts as the largest market for marine coatings, owing to both growing new shipbuilding and repair activities.
– The decline in the shipbuilding industry, and the slowdown of Chinese economy are the roadblocks for the expansion of the marine coatings market.
– Oversupply of ships has disturbed the entire ship-building industry in the country. The government has been trying to cut on subsidizing over-capacity. This has had an impact on marine OEM for building new ships.
– The adoption of green tax by Chinese government, along with other initiatives, to reduce emissions have pushed the coatings companies to adopt high solid, solvent-less and waterborne coatings.
Request For The Sample Report Here:
– According to The Cruise Lines International Association estimation, around 300 million Chinese consumers would able to afford cruise trips soon. Also, in the next 10-20 years, the number of Chinese taking cruise ships is expected to surpass even that of the United states travelers annually.
– All the above-mentioned factors are expected to drive the cruise industry in China, which in turn is expected to increase the market for marine coatings in the country.
The global market for marine coatings segment is a consolidated market among the top players accounting for major share of the market. Major Players include Jotun, Akzo Nobel NV, PPG Industries, Hempel, Chugoku Marine Paints Ltd., and Nippon Paint Marine Coatings Co. Ltd. amongst others.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increase in Production of Leisure Boats & Cruise Ships
4.1.2 Growing Ship Repairs & Maintenance Activities
4.2.1 Stringent Government Regulations
4.2.2 Sluggish Growth in Shipbuilding Activities in Few Countries
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
Request For Full Report marine coatings market
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.