Philippine Airlines to suspend Kuwait flights as demand falls
PAL said on its Facebook page on Saturday that with the government's repatriation program ending and demand for flights to Kuwait down, regular operations were no longer viable.
'With the repatriation effort now complete, the ongoing slowdown in OFW travel to Kuwait has made regular operations economically unsustainable, hence the need to suspend these flights to Kuwait until such time that market conditions on the route improve,' PAL said in a statement.PAL also noted that the airline repatriated about 900 distressed Filipino workers in Kuwait free of charge earlier this year in response to the Philippine government's efforts to assist the workers.
The airline advised passengers affected by the suspension to rebook or reroute their flights before May 16, saying all charges would be waived. Passengers could get refunds for scheduled flights as well.The Philippine Embassy in Kuwait says an estimated 6,500 Filipino workers believed to have overstayed in the Gulf state have yet to sign up for repatriation.
So, these people have just three more days – until April 12 – to apply for the amnesty program and be repatriated to the Philippines, Manila Times reported.The daily<> Must-reads from across Asia - directly to your inbox <> <> <> <> Philippines Overseas Filipino Workers National airline Philippine Airlines Amnesty Kuwait Repatriation program Comments
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment