70% Of Smart Meters System Accomplished As Part Of Digitization Efforts: Kahramaa President


(MENAFN- The Peninsula) QNA

Doha: The President of the Qatar General Electricity and Water Corporation (Kahramaa) Eng. Essa bin Hilal Al Kuwari hailed on Sunday the Corporation's great digital transformation achievements and the its Arab and international prominence.

Addressing the opening session of the second World Congress of Engineering and Technology (WCET), which kicked off on Sunday at Qatar University, His Excellency said that Kahramaa began to digitize all its services years ago, including the installment of about 70 percent of smart meters, with the remaining 30 percent to be accomplished by the end of 2023.

The Corporation has achieved the best rates of experience at the level of electricity and water networks in the Arab world, and it is almost among the best in the world, Al Kuwari said, highlighting endeavors to maintain its customer service excellence.

This distinction was greatly demonstrated during the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, where the electricity network was used as a major source of electrical energy in the tournament, unlike previous tournaments that relied on an alternative source, he said.

FIFA approved Qatar's efficient electrical network as a main and alternative source, and the tournament made a success without any power outage recorded, Al Kuwari noted.

In a related context, Al Kuwari stressed that Kahramaa was not affected by the supply chain crisis over the past years, thanks to the diversity of its contracts, strategic plans, strategic stocks, and its performance indicators, which contributed to achieving this success.

He noted Kahramaa's keenness to provide high-quality water service with a completely potable production capacity and strategic reservoirs to face any emergencies.

MENAFN05022023000063011010ID1105526868


Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.