(MENAFN- America News Hour)
The Asia-Pacific primary battery market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5.5% during the forecast period. The demand for primary batteries remains high across the world, owing to the numerous advantages of primary batteries, such as low cost, a wide range of applications in consumer electronics, including flashlights, calculators, clocks, and smoke alarms. Factors such as rising demand for primary batteries in military applications and increased demand for consumer electronics are expected to drive the market over the forecast period. On the other hand, the increasing adoption of secondary batteries is expected to restrain the growth of the market.
– The primary alkaline battery is expected to dominate the market in the Asia-Pacific region, owing to its lower cost and environment-friendly characteristics.
– The domestic production of primary batteries and the replacement of carbon-zinc with alkaline batteries can create immense opportunities for the primary battery market in coming years.
– China is expected to witness significant demand due to its major manufacturing hubs and exporters of portable electronic devices.
Get a Sample Copy of this Report with Graphs and Charts:
Key Market Trends
Primary Alkaline Battery to Dominate the Market
– The primary alkaline battery dominated the market in 2019 and is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period in the Asia-Pacific region. These types of batteries have high specific energy and are cost-effective, environment-friendly, and leak-proof, even when fully discharged. Alkaline can be stored for up to 10 years, has a good safety record, and can be carried on an aircraft without being subject to the United Nations transport and other regulations.
– Alkaline batteries offer higher energy output, longer shelf life, and lasts longer than carbon-zinc batteries, and have emerged as a replacement for carbon-zinc batteries, since 1960.
– The price of alkaline batteries is higher, as compared to zinc-carbon batteries, but the prolonged longevity of the alkaline batteries makes it more popular. The longer lifecycle of alkaline batteries improves their utility value, which is a major factor behind their adoption.
– There have been major advancements in alkaline cell performance over the recent decades. These advancements have been a result of changes in packaging and manufacturing techniques, rather than any improvements to the basic chemical system.
– In April 2019, Duracell, the leading consumer battery company in India, launched an alkaline battery named Duracell Chhota Power, which was targeted for being used in devices of everyday usage, like remotes of set-top boxes. Duracell Chhota Power batteries are available in India, at a price of INR 17 (USD 0.24) per battery.
– Therefore, based on the aforementioned factors, primary alkaline battery is likely to witness significant demand over the forecast period.
China to Witness Significant Demand
– Asia-Pacific, being home to a few of the fastest-growing economies, is expected to witness high sales of consumer electronics, resulting in an increased demand for the primary battery. Further, the region, especially in China, is expected to be a major hotspot for battery manufacturing unit, over the forecast period.
– On the country level, China has dominated the entire global battery market for a very long time and is expected to maintain the leading position in the market during the forecast period as well. China's rise as a manufacturing powerhouse and its bullish consumer electronic product manufacturing growth are expected to drive the growth of the primary battery market in the country soon.
– Sale of primary batteries has increased strongly, but at a slower rate than secondary batteries, through 2019. Further, alkaline batteries are expected to strengthen their dominance in the primary battery market and continue to witness the fastest growth, primarily due to the growing demand for zinc-based batteries.
– As of 2019, the import and export value of primary cells and batteries, electrical; parts thereof (excluding spent) in China are USD 0.41 billion and USD 2.19 billion, respectively.
– Also, the military expenditure in China increased to USD 239223 million in 2018 from USD 227829 million in 2017. China is expected to further increase its defense spending to strengthen its military during the forecast period, which, in turn drives the demand for primary batteries for military-related portable devices.
– Therefore, based on the above-mentioned factors, China is expected to witness significant demand for primary battery market during the forecast period.
Request for PDF Sample Copy: –
The Asia-Pacific primary battery market is fragmented. Some of the major players include Camelion Battery Co. Ltd, Duracell Inc., Energizer Holdings Inc., FDK Corporation, and Panasonic Corporation.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
Access Full Report, here:
About SDKI :
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.