(MENAFN- America News Hour)
The market for excitation system is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period. The ability to ensure long-term reliable operations for synchronous machines is one of the major factors expected to drive the growth of the market. Also, growing investments in renewable energy plans i.e. growing demand for excitation systems in solar and wind power applications is expected to drive the market during the forecast period. However, difficulty in maintenance due to complex design is a major factor that hinders the growth of the market studied.
– Brushless type excitation system is expected be the fastest growing segment, owing to its advantages like less maintenance and power loss reduction due to the absence of brushes and slip rings.
– Increasing demand for synchronous machines in the HVDC network is expected to provide immense opportunities for the market in the coming years.
– Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing market during the forecast period, owing to the expansion of industrial sector, especially in China and India.
Get the inside scoop with Sample report-
Key Market Trends
Brushless Type to Grow at the Fastest Rate
– Brushless exciter is a directly coupled AC generator with its field circuit on stator, and then from circuit to motor. The 3-phase output of an AC exciter generator is rectified by solid state rectifier. The rectified output is connected directly to the field winding, thus eliminating the use of brushes and slip rings.
– Brushless excitation system is always preferred with slip ring excitation system because the losses are minimized in large extent. So, the efficiency also increases by use of brushless excitation system. Hence, brushless excitation type is preferred over static excitation type.
– Large synchronous machines like generator and motor are using brushless excitation systems. In modern power plants, large power transformation can be achieved by using brushless excitation system, which is considered as a huge advantage, thus driving the demand for excitation system market during the forecast period.
– In Oct 2019, a 48 V EESM (Electrically Excited Synchronous Machines) with high frequency brushless excitation for mild hybrid vehicles is prototyped. The experimental results of both machine and exciter are consistent with FEM (Finite Element Method) calculation results. This complete research is aimed at investigating the potential of EESM with high frequency brushless excitation in EV applications, which, in turn drives the demand for excitation systems. This project is financially supported by the Swedish Energy Agency.
– In Aug 2019, ABB Ltd. has developed the UNITROL 1000 and UNITROL 6000 series for power generation and non-power generation applications. The UNITROL 1000 series is ABB's brushless excitation system for applications using synchronous machines ranging from 100kVA to 80MVA. As the demand for brushless excitation is increasing in major companies, hence, the demand for excitation systems is increased up to a larger extent.
– Therefore, based on the above-mentioned factors, brushless type is expected to dominate and grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Grow at the Fastest Rate
– Rising demand for generators in hydropower is expected to support the demand for excitation systems in Asia-Pacific region, as hydro generators convert the mechanical energy from the turbine into electrical energy using an excitation system.
– The industrial sector, which includes mining, manufacturing, agriculture, construction, data centers and telecommunications accounts for the largest share of energy consumption of any end-use sector. Therefore, the increasing demand for continuous and reliable power supply from these industries, especially from healthcare facilities, pharmaceutical industries, and manufacturing facilities, is expected to escalate the demand for generators.
– China and India are expected to witness robust industrial growth in the coming years on account of the sharp increase in manufacturing sectors, which is expected to drive the demand for generators in the industrial sector. Therefore, as the demand for industrial sector is increasing, the demand for generators is also expected to increase, which, in turn, increases the demand for excitation systems.
– The increasing power blackouts have significantly hampered the industrial sector in Indonesia, which has increased the adoption of electric generators in the country to ensure continuous and reliable power supply. South Sumatra and Jakarta are the key contributing areas for the growth of market in Indonesia owing to the frequent power blackouts in these areas.
– In Jan 2020, ABB Ltd. wins drives order for two different Sun Paper projects i.e. first order includes drives for PM1 and PM2 (PM- Paper Machine) at Laos mill and the second includes a synchronous motor and drive project for pulp production line in Shandong, China.
– Therefore, based on the above-mentioned factors, Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the excitation system market during the forecast period.
Get the inside scoop with Sample report-
The excitation system market is fragmented. Some of the major players includes ABB Ltd., Andritz AG, General Electric Company, Voith Group, and Siemens AG.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2025
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
Ask for it and browse full report- Excitation System Market
About SDKI :
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.