(MENAFN- Mid-East.Info) Businesses and government leaders from the European Union and the GCC will convene at the 5th EU-GCC Business Forum, taking place at Expo2020, Dubai, UAE on the 23rd of October 2021 on ' Accelerating GCC Economic Diversification After the Crisis – The Way Forward' .
This 5th edition will focus on how to drive the post-pandemic recovery in the EU and the GCC towards a green and digital transition. Such strategies can be decisive for the future of Europe and can offer sustainable patterns of growth and partnerships for other countries across the world including the member states of the GCC.
In line with EXPO 2020's theme“Connecting Minds, Creating the Future”, it will provide unique exchange opportunities on how innovation can boost the post pandemic recovery in a sustainable manner. In addition to the exciting debates and presentations, the EU-GCC Business Forum will end with a networking reception, a unique opportunity to network with innovators, governments, and businesses from Europe and the Gulf regions.
“The Fifth EU –GCC Business Forum is an expression of the strength of ongoing bilateral relations and increasing ties between the EU and GCC. The Forum is an important platform for leading government officials and senior executives from the private sector to openly discuss key topics aimed at strengthening linkages and enhancing collaboration to foster a thriving, inclusive and sustainable future for all. As we move into the fully digital age post pandemic, all countries are facing similar challenges and opportunities. The EU GCC Business Forum will set the foundation for future important and multi-faceted cooperation between us. We look forward to deepening our relationship with the GCC in the coming years.” Said Andrea Matteo Fontana, EU Ambassador to the UAE and Commissioner-General of the European Union to EXPO 2020 Dubai
The Keynote session will feature addresses by:
- Mr. Margaritis Schinas, Vice President of the European Commission
- HE Abdulla AlSaleh, UAE Undersecretary for the Ministry of Economy
- Ms. Aušrinė Armonaitė, Minister of Economy and Innovation, Lithuania
- HE Mr. Khalifa Saeed Al-Abri, Assistant Secretary for Economic & Development
Affairs, in the General Secretariat of the Cooperation Council
Other speakers include, among others:
- Ms Anne Rimmer, Policy Analyst OECD
- Ms Maria Syrengela, Deputy Minister of Labour and Social Affairs, Greece
- Ms Shada El-Sharif, Senior Advisor EBRD
- Ms Ana María Marín, Secretary General of CDTI (Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology), Spain
- Mr Augusto González, Adviser for Innovation, European Commission, DG for Defense Industry and Space
- Mr Giovanni Angiolini, General Manager Priva Middle East
- Ms Anamaria Magri Pantea, Secretary-General, International Integrity Foundation
- Mr Timo Hammarén, Deputy Head of Unit, DG TRADE at European Commission
- Mr. Stefan Schleuning, Head of Unit, FPI.4–Industrialized Countries & Foreign Policy Support
- Mr Mohamed Yacoub, Assistant Director-General for Business, Kuwait Direct Investment Promotion Agency
- Ms Hind Al Youha, Director of Investment & Talent Attraction, Department at the Ministry of Economy, UAE
The Business Forum will take place at the Dubai EXPO2020 DEC (Dubai Exhibition Centre) Hall 2A South Expo from 9am to 5pm and coincides with the occasion of the EU Honour Day.
About the EU-GCC Dialogue on Economic Diversification project :
The EU-GCC Dialogue on Economic Diversification is a project funded by the European Commission Service for Foreign Policy Instruments.
The project contributes to stronger EU-GCC relations by supporting the GCC countries in the ongoing process of economic diversification away from hydrocarbon dependent sectors, including by funding regular EU-GCC Business Fora.
The purpose of this project is to promote climate-friendly trade, investment and economic affairs related policy analysis, dialogue and cooperation between stakeholders from EU and GCC at both regional and country levels in the context of the GCC economic diversification process.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.