(MENAFN- Comserve) Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan, Japan, Oct 14, 2021, 06:01 /Comserve / -- Plastic Bottles Market With Top Countries Data, Industry Analysis , Size, Share, Revenue, Prominent Players, Developing Technologies, Tendencies and Forecast
The global plastic bottles and containers market (henceforth, referred to as the market studied) was valued at USD 166.78 billion in 2019, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 224.97 billion by 2025, while registering a CAGR of 6.49% from 2020 to 2025. Plastic packaging is becoming popular among consumers over other products as a plastic package is light in weight and is easier to handle. Similarly, even the major manufacturers prefer to use plastic packaging solutions, owing to their lower cost of production.
- Moreover, the introduction of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and high-density polyethylene (HDPE) polymers are expanding the plastic bottling applications. The market is witnessing an increasing demand for PET bottles in the bottled and soft water markets.
- There is a wide variety of innovative, cost-effective, sustainable packaging solutions emerging in the market, and plastic, as a product, is accepted globally. It has led to the leading players, like Amcor, introducing new plastic product formats to cater to the demand for bottles.
- Manufacturers prefer PET over other plastic packaging products, as it has a minimum loss of raw material during the manufacturing process when compared to other plastic products. Its recyclability and the feature to add multiple colors and designs augment it to become a preferred choice. Refillable products have emerged with the rising consumer awareness for the environment and have acted in creating demand for the product.
Click Here to Download Sample Report >>
Key Market Trends
Beverages to Drive the Market Growth
- The market for plastic bottles in the beverage sector is anticipated to witness growth, owing to the never-ending demand for bottled water and non-alcoholic beverages. The demand for bottled water is credited to consumers' propensity for specifically demanding high-quality drinking water, owing to the fear of diseases as an aftermath of drinking polluted tap water and the ease of portability and convenience provided by bottled water.
- Further, in many developed and developing economies, people favor bottled water. Bottled water is sold in stores and places selling various drinks. For instance, the International Bottled Water Association (IBWA) stated that Americans favor bottled water over other packaged beverages. Moreover, as per International Bottled Water Association (IBWA), they consumed 13.8 billion gallons of bottled water in 2018. Also, according to a new national survey conducted online by The Harris Poll on behalf of the IBWA, more than 9 in 10 Americans expect bottled water to be available wherever other drinks are sold.
- The market for plastic bottles is also anticipated to benefit from the alcoholic beverage sector. The gradual shift toward plastic bottles in the wine sector is observed was the recent past. For instance, as per EnVino, a plastic wine bottle venture in Burlingame, California, the containers weigh about one-eighth of a typical glass wine bottle and take up 20% less space, thus, enabling winemakers to save fuel by shipping 30% more wine per truck.
- In February 2020, Amcor announced its latest custom designs at the Wine and Grape Symposium, North America. The company also announced a collaboration with Garçon Wines, a UK-based startup. Through this collaboration, Amcor plans to produce flat wine bottles made with post-consumer recycled (PCR) PET plastic in the United States.
Asia-Pacific to Witness Highest Growth
- One of the main initiatives across multiple countries in the Asia-Pacific region has generally been to cut down the usage of single-use plastic bottles and packaging. But, companies might likely resort to plastic packaging to combat the pandemic's spread, putting the sustainability aspect away at this time.
Request For The Sample Report Here:
- The healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in China is one of the world's largest markets, primarily driven by its aging population. According to Pharmaceutical Technology, China's pharma market's size was forecasted to surge up to almost 574 billion U.S. dollars by 2022. Hence, there is a growth possibility for domestic players as they might experience an increase in demand for plastic bottles from these companies.
- The plastic bottles market in India is estimated to grow steadily, owing to the continually increasing consumption and industrial applications of plastic-made bottles. According to the India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF), the market demand for plastic bottles continues to expand in the country, with plastic export of USD 7.045 billion during the period of April 2019 - January 2020. Plastic projects are anticipated to increase across several products and sectors, including beverage, food and water, pharmaceutical, household sectors.
- Japan has one of the fastest-growing pharmaceutical businesses after the United States and is continuously concentrating on steady innovation and patented drugs. The Government of Japan is also contributing to this growth through deregulations for international companies to invest, thereby driving the country's pharmaceutical market.
The plastic bottles market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the major players currently dominate the market. These players with a prominent share in the market are focusing on expanding their customer base across foreign countries. These companies are leveraging strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and increase their profitability. Some of the recent development in the market are:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Adoption of Lightweight Packaging Methods
4.2.2 Increasing Demand From Bottled-water Industry
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Environmental Concerns Regarding Use of Plastics
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.5 Assessment of Impact of Covid-19 on the Industry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
Request For Full Report >> Plastic Bottles Market
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.