(MENAFN - Morocco World News) Rabat – Morocco's Head of Government,, on Monday said that the country is planning several measures that will reduce the number of traffic fatalities by 50 percent by 2026.
El Othmani echoed earlier made by the State Secretary for Transport, Mohammed Najib Boulif, who said road safety improvements are a priority for the government. Last week, the transport secretary revealed that the number of people killed on roads in Morocco decreased by 2.62 percent in 2017.
The head of government said that the 2017-2026 national road safety strategy seeks to reduce the number of road fatalities by 25 percent by 2021 and by another 20 percent by 2026.
To fulfill these expectations, El Othmani believes that, 'these measures must be direct and part of education,' adding that the government is giving great importance to the road safety project and is committed to fully implementing a strategy that includes road surveillance, fines for violations and educational outreach.