Top News On Oct 16: Gold Hits Fresh Record High, Q2 Results, Omar Abdullah Sworn-In As J&K CM, And More
Investors lose nearly ₹1 lakh crore in a day
The Sensex and the Nifty 50 declined for a second consecutive session on Wednesday due to weak global cues and disappointing Q2 earnings. The Sensex fell 319 points, or 0.39%, to 81,501.36. The Nifty 50 settled at 24,971.30, down 86 points, or 0.34%.
Gold hits fresh record high
Gold prices reached a new all-time high of ₹78,900 per 10 grams in the national capital on Wednesday - rising by ₹250 due to continued demand from jewellers. The precious metal had settled at ₹78,650 per 10 grams in the previous session on Tuesday.
L&T Tech Services releases Q2 results
Larsen & Toubro Technology Services announced its July-September quarter results for fiscal 2024-25 (Q2FY25) on Wednesday. The company reported a rise of 1.3% with consolidated net profit at ₹319.6 crore.
Bajaj Auto releases Q2 results
Bajaj Auto announced its July-September quarter results for fiscal 2024-25 (Q2FY25) on Wednesday, October 16, reporting a rise of 9.2 per cent in standalone net profit at ₹2,005.04 crore, compared to ₹1,836.14 crore in the corresponding period last year. The two and three-wheeler major's said that adjusting for the exceptional deferred tax provision, the net profit was at a new record at ₹2,216 crore, up 21 per cent year-on-year (YoY).
Omar Abdullah set to take oath as CM
National Conference leader Omar Abdullah took oath as the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday. The event was attended by key members of the INDIA bloc. The senior politician stressed the need to restore statehood following the abrogation of Article 370 and pledged to listen to citizens' concerns ahead of the ceremony.
Israel-Hezbollah war
The Israeli Defence Forces released footage of a '100-metre' long tunnel located close to its border with Lebanon on Wednesday. IDF said the route 'embedded' underneath a civilian house was used by Hezbollah members. The IDF said the tunnel was "nothing like" the one built by Hamas in Gaza.
Bomb threats to airlines
A 17-year-old boy was held on Wednesday in connection with the bomb threats issued to airlines in the past three days. The minor allegedly sent bomb threats to four flights using a fake social media account. He had reportedly planned to take revenge on his friend over money dispute.
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment