Airhelp Unveils Best Airports Around The World, Qatar's Hamad Airport Ranks First

(MENAFN- The Peninsula) Anisha Bijukumar | The Peninsula

Doha, Qatar: AirHelp, a data tech company that helps passenger with compensations, released its World's Best Airport 2024 report, ranking 239 airports across 69 countries.

Qatar's Hamad International Airport ranked first with a score of 8.52 points, while Cape Town Airport in South Africa and Nagoya Chuba Airport in Japan came second and third scoring 8.50 points and 8.49 points respectively.

Doha's airport that was ranked fifth last year this year scored 8.3 points for on-time performance, 8.7 points in customer opinion and 8.9 points for the food and shops that it has.

Hamad Airport, ranking third, was among the most loved airports, for its service, facilities and cleanliness, featured at the top for having the best shops and restaurants in an airport.

Read Also
  • Temporary road closure on Corniche Road announced
  • First of its kind state-of-the-art Cinematique museum to be built in Qatar at Gulf Cinema Complex

While on-time performance contributed to 60% of the score, it was customer opinion based on service quality, and food and shops at the airport that formed the remaining 40% of the score.

The airports were ranked using extensive real-world data from May 2023 to April 2024, combining it with insights from over 17,000 unique ratings from passengers.

AirHelp this year has added size category to this year's score with the airports being categorised by the number of flights it handled in the year. Hamad Airport features here second handling between 100,000 to 250,000 flights.

Other highly-rated airports that didnt feature among the top in the AirHelp's list included Singapore's Changi Airport which was ranked 24th as only 77% of flights were on time and Subai International Airport which was ranked 64th with 72% of flights on time.

London's Gatwick ranked 237 with 6.53 points, while Heraklion Airport, Greece and Tunis Carthage Airport, Tunisia formed the last two airports in the list with 6.51 and 5.35 points respectively.

The Hamad International Airport was recognised as the World's Best Airport at the Skytrax World Airport Awards recently. The airport's performance across key indicators were ranked and selected among a group of 500 global airport contenders.


The Peninsula

Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.