(MENAFN) Morocco said Wednesday it has broken up a "terrorist cell" linked to Daesh that authorities believe was planning attacks in the north of the country.
A statement from Rabat's interior ministry said three suspects had been detained by police in the northern cities of Oujda, Casablanca and Fez.
The arrests "revealed several dangerous terrorist projects in advanced stages of preparation," the statement said. It added that the cell members were linked to Daesh supporters "active in Syria and Iraq".
The ministry said the three had planned to attack "sensitive and crucial sites" in several cities.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.