(MENAFN - The Peninsula) By Sidi Mohamed | The Peninsula
Doha:More than 10 complaints have been filed during the last week at the Compensation Claims Committee from citizens and residents who were affected by the ongoing blockade on Qatar by the three GCC countries, an official at the committee said.
'Last week the committee has received more than 10 complaints and most of the cases are from people who lost their real estate assets, some of which were for personal use while some were part of their investment.
Other affected persons filed complaints related to other losses due to the siege, he added.
The statistics say that there are more than 22,000 camels and other livestock seized in Saudi Arabia, and their owners are not allowed to take them from Saudi Arabia.
The committee still continues its work and receives complaints at its headquarters at the first floor of Al Nakheel Tower, he said adding that 'the rumours saying that committee is closed or will close soon are false and people can visit the committee during working hours and file their complaints.
All the complaints which the committee has received were transferred to international law firms and include companies' complaints received from Qatar Chamber and complaints received from the National Human Rights Committee (NHRC).
Most of the people who visited the committee are coming with their complete documents. The procedures for submitting complaints are easy, and people need documents only as a proof that their complaints are true.
The Compensation Claims Committeewas established to protect the rights of residents who were affected by the ongoing illegal blockade of Qatar.
The committee was formed on July 9, and is chaired by the Attorney-General and includes representatives of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Justice as members with the possibility of coordination with several bodies in the State.