403
Sorry!!
Error! We're sorry, but the page you were looking for doesn't exist.
Trump Rules Out Escalation Against Cuba Amid Ongoing Pressure
(MENAFN) U.S. President Donald Trump indicated on Wednesday that Washington has no intention of further escalating its approach toward Cuba, despite months of rising pressure on the island.
Speaking to reporters at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland, Trump suggested the situation in Cuba is already deteriorating significantly and does not require additional U.S. action.
"There won't be escalation. I don't think there needs to be. Look, the place is falling apart. It's a mess, and they sort of lost control, they've really lost control of Cuba," Trump told reporters at Joint Base Andrews in the state of Maryland.
When asked whether he would consider a military operation similar to one previously linked to the capture of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, he avoided giving a direct answer.
"I don't want to say that."
In a separate development earlier the same day, a senior U.S. justice official announced that criminal charges had been filed against former Cuban President Raúl Castro, along with several other individuals.
"We are announcing an indictment charging Raul Castro and several others with conspiracy to kill US nationals."
The announcement was made during a ceremony marking the memory of four individuals killed in 1996, when Cuban military aircraft shot down two planes operated by a Miami-based exile group known as “Brothers to the Rescue.”
Speaking to reporters at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland, Trump suggested the situation in Cuba is already deteriorating significantly and does not require additional U.S. action.
"There won't be escalation. I don't think there needs to be. Look, the place is falling apart. It's a mess, and they sort of lost control, they've really lost control of Cuba," Trump told reporters at Joint Base Andrews in the state of Maryland.
When asked whether he would consider a military operation similar to one previously linked to the capture of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, he avoided giving a direct answer.
"I don't want to say that."
In a separate development earlier the same day, a senior U.S. justice official announced that criminal charges had been filed against former Cuban President Raúl Castro, along with several other individuals.
"We are announcing an indictment charging Raul Castro and several others with conspiracy to kill US nationals."
The announcement was made during a ceremony marking the memory of four individuals killed in 1996, when Cuban military aircraft shot down two planes operated by a Miami-based exile group known as “Brothers to the Rescue.”
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment