403
Sorry!!
Error! We're sorry, but the page you were looking for doesn't exist.
Germany Says No Binding US Plan Received on Possible Troop Withdrawal
(MENAFN) German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius stated on Wednesday that Berlin has not received any binding or verified plans from the United States regarding a possible withdrawal of American forces from Germany.
Following a meeting of the parliamentary defense committee in Berlin, he emphasized that there is “still no truly reliable confirmation” of such a move, according to reports.
At the same time, discussions have circulated suggesting that US force levels in Europe could be adjusted, including a possible reduction of one brigade. However, Pistorius noted that the impact on troops stationed in Germany remains uncertain. The minister was quoted as saying, “The extent to which troops stationed in Germany will be affected by this remains to be seen,” according to reports.
On Tuesday, Alexus Grynkewich said that the planned withdrawal of roughly 5,000 US troops from Europe—previously announced by US President Donald Trump—would mainly involve the return of a Brigade Combat Team.
Grynkewich also indicated that further changes to US military deployment levels in Europe are not expected in the immediate future.
Meanwhile, NATO officials have argued that strengthening Europe’s role within NATO would allow the United States to gradually scale back its military presence on the continent over time.
Following a meeting of the parliamentary defense committee in Berlin, he emphasized that there is “still no truly reliable confirmation” of such a move, according to reports.
At the same time, discussions have circulated suggesting that US force levels in Europe could be adjusted, including a possible reduction of one brigade. However, Pistorius noted that the impact on troops stationed in Germany remains uncertain. The minister was quoted as saying, “The extent to which troops stationed in Germany will be affected by this remains to be seen,” according to reports.
On Tuesday, Alexus Grynkewich said that the planned withdrawal of roughly 5,000 US troops from Europe—previously announced by US President Donald Trump—would mainly involve the return of a Brigade Combat Team.
Grynkewich also indicated that further changes to US military deployment levels in Europe are not expected in the immediate future.
Meanwhile, NATO officials have argued that strengthening Europe’s role within NATO would allow the United States to gradually scale back its military presence on the continent over time.
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment