(MENAFN- America News Hour)
The feldspathic minerals market is expected to register a CAGR of over 3%, during the forecast period. Feldspathic minerals are the most common rock forming mineral on earth. They are the most abundant minerals found on earth. They are generally white or very light white in color. Feldspathic minerals are components in igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic form, with their classification based on feldspar content. Chemically, the feldspars are silicates of aluminum that contain sodium, iron, calcium, potassium, barium, or a combination of these elements. The largest production of feldspathic minerals is in the European region, as the region is witnessing a strong need from the ceramics and glass industry.
Click Here to Download Sample Report
– Emerging demand for ceramics and glass from the construction and automotive industries, and availability of abundant feldspar are expected to drive the market growth.
– Environmental concerns and government regulations are likely to hinder the growth of the market.
– Increasing market concentration in Latin America and Eastern Europe is expected to provide growth opportunities for the market, through the coming years.
Key Market Trends
Growing Usage in Glass Application
– Feldspar is an important ingredient in the manufacture of glass. It is also an important raw material, as it acts as a fluxing agent, reducing the melting temperature of quartz and helping to control the viscosity of glass. Fluxes reduce the melting temperature, so that less energy is used, and decrease the amount of soda ash needed. This greatly reduces the overall production costs in glass manufacture.
– However, feldspars are primarily added to glass batches for their alumina content, which improves its toughness, durability, and provides greater chemical resistance. The raw material for glass consists of silica sand, soda ash (sodium carbonate), and limestone (calcium carbonate). Feldspar acts as an additive to impart superior qualities to the process.
– Feldspars are not only used in the production of flat glass (windows, car glass), but also in the production of container glass. They are used primarily in manufacturing television and computer screens, car headlamps, fluorescent tubes, perfume bottles, soda bottles, pharmaceutical, or laboratory glass.
– Growing usage of glass in various industries, such as automotive and electronics, is expected to increase the demand for feldspar through the coming years.
Europe to Dominate the Global Market
– Growing consumption of feldspar in Italy, Spain, Turkey, Poland, and Russia has led to the emergence of Europe as the leading consumer in the global market.
Request For The Sample Report Here:
– Italy is the second-largest producer of feldspar minerals in the world, due to the rising demand in the country. The production capacity is expected to increase during the forecast period, as the demand for feldspar mineral in different industries, such as ceramics, glass, paints, enamel, etc., is increasing.
– The feldspathic minerals market in Spain is expected to grow, due to the increasing application of ceramics, glass, paints, etc., in industries, such as construction, automotive, glass manufacturing, etc., in the country.
– Turkey has nearly 60 different mining and metals, as well as 4,500 mineral deposits. The country is one of the leading producers and exporters of feldspar in the global market. It has large feldspar reserve, accounting for nearly 10% of the total global reserve.
– Such positive growth is expected to drive the European market, through the forecast period.
The feldspathic minerals market is partially fragmented in nature, with the top five players accounting for minor market shares. Some of the major players operating in the market studied include Imerys Ceramics, Kaltun Madencilik Sanayi ve Ticaret, Minerali Industriali, Sibelco, and Eczacibasi, among others.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Extensive Use in Growing Ceramics and Glass Market
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Environmental Concerns and Government Regulations
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Demand and Supply Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
Request For Full Report feldspathic minerals market
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.