- All P & G manufacturing plants in region have achieved Zero Manufacturing Waste to Landfill
- #ForestsForGood 12 pilot programs set to take place over the next 12 months leveraging blockchain to increase traceability
- First Program was the kick-off of the P & G Dubai Mangrove Forest in UAE
- Actions demonstrate commitment towards achieving P & G Ambition 2030 Goals
Dubai, United Arab Emirates: Today, Procter & Gamble (P & G) announced its 2022 sustainability actions, and its commitment to help protect and preserve nature across its Asia, Middle East and Africa (AMA) Operations. This progress and additional programs were announced during P & G's AMA Sustainability Summit and are built on the theme #ItsOurHome. Hosted virtually, the event's focus was to provide actionable insights and further drive P & G into action towards greater sustainability.
The Summit saw participation from business leaders and sustainability advocates and was made available for the 17,000 P & G employees from across the region. During the event, P & G declared a new action plan focused on strengthening progress towards its global Ambition 2030 goals, by the end of year 2022:
IMPROVING ECOSYSTEMS - PROTECTION, CONSERVATION AND LIVELIHOODS
- P & G is committed to actively protecting nature, beginning with 12 pilot programs in 12 months across the AMA region to start its Forests for Good initiative, by planting trees that help improve local ecosystems. Piloting blockchain technology that increases traceability, the aim of the program is to better connect consumers with the impact they are having, by allowing viewability of the trees that have been planted.
- P & G will continue its investments into programs to conserve landscapes, protect species and improve sustainable farming practices.
ACTIVE WATER CONSERVATION:
- Water scarcity is a challenge facing many parts of the world including several regions within AMA.
- By end 2022, 100% of P & G's manufacturing sites located in high water stress areas including our Jeddah and Dammam plant will develop a water stewardship action plan in accordance with the externally recognized Alliance for Water Stewardship standard. Across its AMA sites, the company has sourced/recycled a total of 0.4 billion liters of water per year from circular sources and will continue to improve moving forward.
PLANT AND CONSUMER WASTE MANAGEMENT:
- P & G AMA announces that it has qualified 100% of its plants to Zero Manufacturing Waste to Landfill. This includes the Middle Eastern P & G manufacturing plant in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and Dammam , Kingdom of Saudi Arabia where NO waste goes to landfill
- P & G is committed to comprehensively work to reduce consumer waste by investing in packaging innovation across brands as well as collaborating with external stakeholders on piloting waste infrastructure interventions across several of its markets.
P & G also shared that as part of the Global Ambition 2030 Goals, P & G in Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa is already demonstrating progress on using ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCES. Today P & G AMA has a diverse portfolio of renewable energy projects and plans to continue developing new approaches based off locally available resources.
P & G President for Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, Magesvaran Suranjan, said "At P & G we are deeply committed to actively protecting our planet, our home. Today we are proud to announce our 2022 actions for the region, which align with P & G's Global Ambition 2030 Goals. Through our Sustainability Summit for the region, we are enrolling all 17,000 of our employees to embed Environmental Sustainability as a core part of their business priorities.'
For P & G Forests for Good in the AMA region, the company has partnered with EcoMatcher to pilot their blockchain technology to increase transparency, together with local conservation organizations in each country where they are starting this journey.
Omar Channawi, CEO P & G Middle East, Global Development Markets and Sub Sahara Africa, said 'We are making comprehensive interventions across Climate, Water & Waste in the Middle East and Africa. I am proud to have already launched our first initiative to kick start our regional P & G Forests for Good Programme. The Dubai Mangrove Forest was planted on April 19th by the Emirates Marine Environmental Group (EMEG), the first of more to come. We can today also reveal that an additional initiative will also take place Kenya's Embu Region among others. We are also proud that our manufacturing sites in Saudi Arabia and Sub Sahara Africa are Zero Waste to Landfill and are proud to be collaborating with external partners across the region to pilot waste infrastructure interventions.'
Mr Suranjan added, 'Our purpose is to leave the world in a better place than we found it, and the time to act is now. Our commitment to environmental sustainability is a critical component of P & G's growth strategy. And we believe these actions will help us accelerate our results towards P & G's broader Ambition 2030 goals.'
These regional declarations are the latest by P & G, who is putting its weight behind being a Force For Good and a Force for Growth. By 2030, P & G is committed to making a difference, including ensuring our global operations are becoming carbon neutral for the decade.
About Procter & Gamble :
P & G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands. Fostering equality and inclusion, supporting our communities and protecting the planet are embedded in how we do business. We believe we have a responsibility to make the world better — through the products we create and the positive impact our brands and Company can have.
P & G's portfolio includes Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P & G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.