MENA secures USD65b of power deals in 1 year
(MENAFN) Massive power contracts worth over USD65 billion were awarded across the MENA region between Sep-2014 and this year's corresponding month.
Nearly 87 percent of the overall power funds have been directed into generation schemes and the rest 13 percent into transmission and distribution system.
Main factors attracting the demand for power include robust industrial growth, increase in population and the rise in vital infrastructure investments.
"With some of the region's regimes facing the prospect of doubling generation capacity by 2020, a key challenge will be securing financing," said an insider economist.
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.