(MENAFN- Trend News Agency)
BAKU, Azerbaijan, September 30. The Azerbaijani
Army launched a counter-offensive operation, later called 'Iron
Fist' in response to Armenian armed forces on September 27, 2020,
The 44-day second Karabakh war brought an end to 30-year
occupation of Azerbaijani lands and the restoration of country's
Trend presents chronicle of Azerbaijan's second Karabakh war for
September 30, 2020:
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev and First Lady Mehriban
Aliyeva with wounded soldiers.
- President of the European Council Charles Michel made a
to President of the Republic of
Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev.
- The Armenian armed forces used the high-precision tactical ballistic missile
system. However, due to the unsuitability and poor quality of the
Armenian troops' military equipment, three of the fired missiles
- The Azerbaijani Army disabled one anti-aircraft missile system of the Armenian
armed forces during the fighting in the Shushakand village of the
- The Armenian armed positions of the 1st Battalion of the 5th
Motorized Rifle Regiment Tartar district's Hasangaya settlement and
the 1st Battalion of the 6th Motorized Rifle Regiment stationed in
the Talish direction were destroyed. The enemy's military equipment
in the Jabrayil direction of the front was destroyed. The
Azerbaijani Army units subjected the 4th of the Armenian armed forces in the Fuzuli
direction, to heavy artillery fire. The command post of the 41st
separate regiment of the 18th motorized rifle division was also
fired upon. The troop control was completely broken.
- The personnel of the 2nd Battalion of the seventh Mountain
Rifle Regiment of the 10th Mountain Rifle Division of the 1st
Combined Arms Army of Armenia in , suffered big losses and their defensive positions without permission. A
blow was struck at the headquarters of the 5th Mountain Rifle
in the Aghdere settlement of the
- The Azerbaijani Army conducted operations to Armenian manpower and military equipment,
surrounded in the Aghdere and Tartar directions, as well as
the cleansing of the territory.
Suffering significant losses in manpower and military equipment,
the enemy couldn't cope with the evacuation of the dead and
- Some 46 civilians have been and 14 have been killed as a consequence of
heavy artillery shelling of Azerbaijani densely populated
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.