(MENAFN- ForPressRelease) ead> iiit delhi conducts faculty development program on leadership - For Press Release - Online PR Distribution Services.
- Create New Account
- All NEWS
- Art & Entertainment
- Blogging & Social Media
- Events / Trade Shows
- Health and Fitness
- Home and Family
- Legal / Law
- News & Society
- PR SERVICES
- TOOL & TIPS
- SUBMIT PRESS RELEASE
- ADVERTISE WITH US
- POST VIDEO
- Contact US
- Download Media Kit
Hot Press News
- IIIT-Delhi Conducts Faculty Development Program on Leadership
- Bird partners with ScootAround, to offer on-demand accessible mobility across cities
- Cat on Blockchain: a new NFT project where everyone can adopt a unique cat written on the blockchain
- Dr Prem Reddy Once Again Named in the Prestigious LA 500 list of Business Leaders
- SEOGALAXY Launches Social Media Marketing and Digital Marketing Services
- Amazon Internet Services and PHD Chamber mission to accelerate SMB Digitization and Education at a mass scale
- Brand X Huaraches Introduces Installment Options for Buying Huaraches
- Pipework installers announce successful completion of package plantroom project
- Eternal Lawns Artificial Grass Supplier and Lawns Installer Announce Busy October Month
- AriesPro Introduces The Best Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning-Based Solutions To Empower Utility Industries
- CAFC Transfers Broadband iTV's Patent Row from WDTX to Colorado
- RoundGlass Punjab FC selects 66 U10-U15 players for the final round of trials in December
- Watches For Men Today Ends the Search for Affordable Luxury Watches
- Kent launches Alkaline water Pitcher, which converts drinking water into alkaline water
- GO FIRST Becomes First Airline To Introduce Direct Service From Srinagar To Sharjah
× Add To My Favorites
are you sure you want to add this.
Add to Favorites IIIT-Delhi Conducts Faculty Development Program on Leadership
2021-10-25 11:17:59 Education
New Delhi, 25th October 2021, Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIIT-Delhi) organised a free workshop on "Leading Self to Excellence" from 15 to 19 October 2021 under the aegis of the AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) program. ATAL is a unique initiative by AICTE to enhance the quality of technical education in the country by training the faculty on a wide range of topics of relevance. "Life Skills Management" is one of the thrust areas in this program.
"Each one of us is a Leader. We first lead ourselves, and then as we lead our lives well, others start to follow us. So, the primary focus of this workshop was on leading oneself, and then only in the second part of the workshop, we discussed about leading others. This is an "inside-out" kind of approach", is how Dr. Anuj Grover, Associate Dean, IRD at IIIT-Delhi, describes the Leadership workshop conducted by him.
Dr. Grover has over 21 years of experience in industry and academia and has conducted more than 50 workshops on Leadership for students and industry professionals - though this is his first one in collaboration with AICTE. About 200 participants from across the country signed up for this 5-day intensive workshop.
The workshop was based on the timeless principles of effectiveness as elucidated by leadership coaches like Stephen R Covey, Ram Charan, Bob Burg, John Mann, and the like. The sessions were interspersed with activities and spiced up with stories from Indian lore to drive home the ideas. As per the AICTE mandate, there should be a few sessions that help the participants to manage their physical and mental well-being. Consequently, a set of simple yet powerful Yoga tools was offered by an instructor from Isha Foundation. The workshop also included guided meditations based on readily available online resources so that participants can continue practising even after the workshop. The participants scoring more than 60% in the online evaluation received a certificate from AICTE.
Participants from across the country benefited from the workshop. Kalyani Srinivas from PES Modern College of Engineering, Pune, shared, "This was one of the best FDPs that I have participated in. The environment of trust which was prevailing was incredible". "I was very keen to understand about Time management aspect, after listening to Mr Anuj and the way he explained using matrix was really beneficial," said Vidhya S. from Amrita Vishwa Vidhyapeetham, Coimbatore.
The workshop was also open to school teachers. Labony Dutta Roy, a teacher at BDM International, Kolkata, said that the workshop was, "Extremely wonderful, enriching, enjoyable, practical program."
AICTE's thrust area on Life Skills is indeed meaningful, and the workshop touched the participants in a profound manner. Deepshikha Kapasia of Ursuline Convent Senior Secondary School, NOIDA said, "before (this) program I was like ok... but now I have aim for my life."
As a part of its commitment to give back to society, IIIT-Delhi is also committed to conducting society, IIIT-Delhi is also committed to conducting two more workshops by Dr. Shobha Sundar Ram, and Dr. Sumit Darak in the next few months. Their details are available on the AICTE website and interested candidates can register online on the ATAL portal, or by clicking here:
About ATAL by AICTE: The Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' on Monday inaugurated 46 online AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy Faculty Development Programmes (FDPs) to train teachers of higher education institutions associated with the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) in thrust and emerging areas in technology. The FDPs will be conducted in 22 Indian states. The main objective of ATAL Academy is to provide quality technical education in the country and to promote research and entrepreneurship through training in various emerging fields.
Company :-The Yellow Coin Communication Pvt. Ltd
User :- Sumit Kumar
Mobile:- +91 9999560239
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.