403
Sorry!!
Error! We're sorry, but the page you were looking for doesn't exist.
South Korea, Iran Hold Talks on Ship Safety in Strait of Hormuz
(MENAFN) According to reports, South Korean Foreign Minister Cho Hyun held phone talks with Iranian Foreign Minister Seyyed Abbas Araghchi on Sunday to discuss the situation in the Middle East, bilateral relations, and the safety of South Korean vessels navigating the Strait of Hormuz.
Cho reportedly said South Korea is conducting an additional investigation into a recent incident involving the South Korean-operated vessel HMM NAMU. He requested Iran to clarify its position on the facts of the case and stressed the importance of ensuring safe and free navigation for all ships passing through the strait.
A South Korean joint government investigation team previously found that two unidentified aerial objects struck the stern of a Panamanian-flagged vessel in the Strait of Hormuz on May 4. All 24 crew members on board were reported to be unharmed.
Iranian Foreign Minister Araghchi outlined Tehran’s position on the broader regional situation and said that safe passage through the strait should be restored, while also calling for an early end to the ongoing tensions.
According to reports, both sides agreed to continue maintaining communication regarding the safety of South Korean vessels and crews operating in the area.
Cho reportedly said South Korea is conducting an additional investigation into a recent incident involving the South Korean-operated vessel HMM NAMU. He requested Iran to clarify its position on the facts of the case and stressed the importance of ensuring safe and free navigation for all ships passing through the strait.
A South Korean joint government investigation team previously found that two unidentified aerial objects struck the stern of a Panamanian-flagged vessel in the Strait of Hormuz on May 4. All 24 crew members on board were reported to be unharmed.
Iranian Foreign Minister Araghchi outlined Tehran’s position on the broader regional situation and said that safe passage through the strait should be restored, while also calling for an early end to the ongoing tensions.
According to reports, both sides agreed to continue maintaining communication regarding the safety of South Korean vessels and crews operating in the area.
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment