(MENAFN- America News Hour)
The market for the Marine Grease is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 4% globally during the forecast period.
Increasing demand from marine transportation and rapidly growing naval defense and marine tourism are driving the market growth.
Increasing concerns about aquatic life due to marine pollution and the outbreak of COVID-19 are the reasons expected to hinder the market growth of the marine grease market.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Cargo and Passenger Ships
– Marine greases are used in different types of ships, such as vessels, containers, bulkers, etc., to protect the engine and other equipment from frictional forces, and enhance the efficiency of the components and have other excellent properties.
– The properties of marine grease include anti-wear and very high load-carrying properties, thermal stability, resistance to oxidation, rust and corrosion resistance, long service life, lead and chlorine-free, and longer lubrication intervals.
Click Here to Download Sample Report >>
– In ships, marine greases are being used for winch Gears, support bearings, propeller shaft splines, stern drives, steering mounts, tubes and cables areas.
– China is the largest manufacturer of various products and exports to many other major countries through seaways. Bulk carriers, cargo ships are being used to export goods and other raw materials to other regions.
– Emerging economies of Brazil, Chile and South Africa and other Middle Eastern countries are aslo expected to drive the growth of marine grease due to the growing adaption of technological advancements in those regions.
– Recently, marine tourism has witnessed decent growth in Europe, Asia-Pacific, and North America regions. The demand for marine grease from cruise ships (passenger ships) has been increasing in the past few years.
– The US marine transport industry is expected to grow, due to the changing trade dynamics and increase in volume shipments between the United States-Europe and United States-Asia-Pacific corridors.
– The global impact of the COVID-19 is expected to decrease the usage and demand of marine grease in different operations for some brief period.
Asia Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
– Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global market owing to the highly developed manufacturing sector in China, India, and Japan, coupled with the development of the naval defense sector in the region in recent years.
– Due to the increasing government investments in their defense areas, the naval bases of different countries in Asia-Pacific have been growing continuously.
– Robust growth in online shopping in Asia-Pacific is expanding the intra-region trade to a major extent. A majority of the marine transport growth is expected to be witnessed in the Southeast Asian countries in the coming years, as they are growing out to be the strategic points for the manufacture and export of products for many multinational players.
– Major investments are underway in the Eastern Economic Corridor, which is expected to support the growth of the port facilities in Thailand, in turn increasing the ease of ship trade across the region.
– According to The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), Asia-Pacific leads the exports of various goods through container ships to other regions in recent years.
– Dry bulk carriers, which carry iron ore, coal, grain, and similar cargo, account for the largest share of the world fleet in deadweight tonnage and the largest share of the total cargo-carrying capacity, at more than 40 percent.
– The outbreak of COVID-19 has affected the economies of various countries in the Asia-Pacific region at present. The halt in various manufacturing sectors due to lockdown is impacting the trade and related activities in the current scenario.
The marine grease market is fragmented in nature with many players competing in the market. Some of the major companies are Royal Dutch Shell, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Chevron Corporation, TOTAL S.A, and Sinopec, among others.
Request For The Sample Report Here:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from Marine Transportation
4.1.2 Rapidly Growing Naval Defense and Marine Tourism
4.2.1 Increasing Government Regulations on Marine Pollution
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Metal Soap based
5.1.2 Other Types
5.2 Ship Type
5.2.1 Cargo/Container Ships
5.2.2 Passenger Ships
5.2.3 Tankers and Bulkers
5.2.4 Other Ship Types
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East & Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East & Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 BP Plc (Castrol)
6.4.2 Chevron Corporation
6.4.3 Exxon Mobil Corporation
6.4.4 Gulf Oil
6.4.5 Indian Oil Corporation Limited
6.4.6 JX Nippon Oil and Energy Corporation
6.4.7 Lucas Oil Products, Inc
6.4.10 Royal Dutch Shell Plc
6.4.12 TOTAL S.A
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Request For Full Report >> Marine Grease Market
About SDKI :
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.