Serbia, Sweden Urge Citizens To Quit Iran As Trump Mulls Strike
The Balkan nation had already invited Serbian nationals in mid-January to leave Iran and not to travel there, as the country's clerical authorities launched a bloody crackdown on a mass protest movement.
Recommended For YouStay up to date with the latest news. Follow KT on WhatsApp Channels
"Due to the deteriorating security situation, citizens of the Republic of Serbia are not recommended to travel to Iran in the coming period," the foreign ministry said in a statement on its website published overnight Friday to Saturday.
"All those who are in Iran are recommended to leave the country as soon as possible."
Separately, Sweden's Foreign Minister Maria Malmer Stenergard noted on X her "strong appeal addressed to Swedish citizens who are in Iran to leave".
Iran said on Friday that it was hoping for a quick deal with the United States on Tehran's nuclear programme, long a source of discord between the two foes.
But Trump, after ordering a major naval build-up in the Middle East aimed at heaping pressure on Tehran, said on Friday that he was "considering" a limited military strike if the negotiations proved unfruitful.
ALSO READ- Iran warns US bases, assets 'legitimate targets' if attacked US and Iran slide towards conflict as military buildup eclipses talks
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment