(MENAFN- America News Hour)
“The market for anti-slip additives is expected to grow at a CAGR of about 4% globally during the forecast period.
Increasing application in industrial flooring and growing demand from marine industry are driving the market growth.
Stringent environmental regulations and other restraints are expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
Click Here to Download Sample Report
Key Market Trends
Growing Application in Industrial Flooring
– Anti-Slip Additives, when added to coatings, improve the skid resistance to the coatings and can be applied on different substrates like wood, metal, fiberglass and concrete surfaces. These anti-slip additives added coatings are applicable for different areas among which industrial flooring leads in the application.
– Anti-Slip Additives does not change the color, performance or properties of the paint or coatings to which they are added. They can be added to water or solvent based system with minimal viscosity effects and also increases slip resistance to the coated floor.
– Stringent regulations from government to maintain industrial safety are increasing the application of anti-slip additives to coatings in industries.
– About 296 Approved Cold Chain Projects in Food Processing have been approved in India as on May 2019 creating a major scope for the usage of anti-slip additives in the industry.
– Chinese pharmaceutical industry, which is valued at about USD 145 billion currently, represents the biggest emerging market with growth tipped to reach about ~USD 200 billion by 2022, thus increasing the scope of the market over the coming years.
– Industrial sector leads in the utilization of anti-slip additives with China, United Kingdom, United States, India, Japan playing a major role in this market.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
– Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market for anti-slip additives during the forecast period. In countries like China, India and Japan because of growing industrial safety, the demand for anti-slip additives has been increasing in the region.
– The largest producers of anti-slip additives are located in Asia-Pacific region. Some of the leading companies in the production of anti-slip additives are Hempel A/S, BYK(ALTANA), Axalta Coating Systems, Jotun and Rust-Oleum.
– The usage of anti-slip additives is more dominant in manufacturing industries like chemicals & pharmaceuticals, automotive, packaging and other industries.
– In Marine industry these anti-slip additives added coatings are applied on floors, decks of ships and boats to increase slip resistance.
– According to Ship Builders Association of Japan, the gross tonnage of ship size covered 14,354 by end of June 2019 which was 15,097 tonnage by the end of December 2018 creating growth in the market of anti-slip additives.
– The Chinese government has rolled out massive construction plans, including making provisions for 250 million people in its new megacities, over the next ten years, creating scope for application of anti-slip additives to coatings in its construction activity over the coming years.
– These anti-slip additives added coatings can be used on wet areas, dry areas, clean room areas and other workspaces as a safety measure in industries.
– The aforementioned factors coupled with government support are contributing to the increasing demand for anti-slip additives market during the forecast period.
The global anti-slip additives market is fragmented with players accounting for a marginal share of the market. Few companies include are Hempel A/S, BYK(ALTANA), Axalta Coating Systems, Jotun, and Rust-Oleum among others.
Request For Full Report
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Application in Industrial Flooring
4.1.2 Growing Demand from Marine Industry
4.2.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Additive Type
5.1.1 Aluminum oxide
5.2 Additive Nature
5.3.1 Buildings & Construction
5.3.2 Industrial Flooring
18.104.22.168 South Korea
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
220.127.116.11 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Akzo Nobel BV
6.4.2 Associated Chemical
6.4.3 Axalta Coating Systems
6.4.5 Hempel A/S
6.4.7 PPG Industries, Inc
6.4.8 Pro Chem, Inc.
6.4.10 SAICOS COLOR GmbH
6.4.11 Vexcon Chemicals
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Development of More Efficient Anti-Slip Additives
7.2 Others Opportunities”
Access Full Report, here: anti-slip additives market
About SDKI :
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.