Global Lithium Demand Will Continue to Outstrip Supply
lithium demand will continue to outstrip supply, according to TheRegister.com.
In fact, Albemarle Corporation
projects lithium demand will rise from
1.8 million metric tons in 2025 to 3.7 million metric tons in 2030 largely due
to its role in electric vehicles and other battery dependent devices.” In
is used not just in car batteries, but also in battery-powered defense
equipment, among other things. 'Lithium batteries are found in nearly every
weapon system used by the US Department of Defense, particularly for portable
equipment,'” they added. The current supply-demand lithium issue should
continue to fuel upside for stocks, such as Usha Resources Ltd. (TSXV: USHA) (OTCQB: USHAF), Livent Corporation (NYSE: LTHM), American Lithium (NASDAQ: AMLI) (TSXV:
LI), Lithium Americas (NYSE: LAC)
(TSX: LAC), and Albemarle (NYSE: ALB).
Look at Usha Resources Ltd. (TSXV: USHA) (OTCQB: USHAF), For Example
usha resources ltd. , a North American mineral acquisition and exploration company focused on the development of drill-ready battery and precious metal projects, is pleased to announce that, subject to the approval of the TSX Venture, the Company has executed an option with 2758145 Ontario Ltd. of Atikokan, Ontario, for the right to purchase an undivided 100% interest in 712 unpatented mining claims located in the Thunder Bay Mining Division of Ontario. To facilitate the acquisition, the Company has also entered into an assignment agreement (with Grid Metals Corp. of Toronto, Ontario, whereby the Assignor permitted the Company to negotiate the Option Agreement in exchange for certain consideration.
The White Willow Lithium-Tantalum Property is the first acquisition of Usha's planned expansion into the hard-rock pegmatite space. The Company believes that the acquisition is highly complementary to its 100% owned flagship Jackpot Lake Lithium Brine Project, where it recently tripled its land position (see the Company's news release dated february 28, 2023 ) and is undertaking its maiden drill program with a goal of defining a 43-101 resource (see the Company's news release dated february 16, 2023 ), and will be an asset as part of its decision to pursue an listing on the Australian Securities Exchange (see the Company's news release dated march 9, 2023 ).
White Willow Property
The acquisition of the White Willow Lithium-Tantalum Property, located in the Thunder Bay Mining Division near Atikokan, Ontario, presents a unique and timely opportunity to capitalize on the rapidly growing lithium metal and green energy markets in Canada. Spanning 15,510 hectares, the property is situated 170 kilometres west of Thunder Bay (Figure 1) in proximity to other lithium projects in the region, such as the Seymour Lake Lithium Project, the Georgia Lake pegmatite field, and the Separation Rapids Lithium deposit, showcasing the region's rich lithium potential.
- Access is excellent with Highway 11 running adjacent to the Property and logging roads present throughout. A main power transmission line runs through the Property.
- The Property is under explored with over 75 outcropping white pegmatites identified in limited exploration, almost all of which have not been sampled. Indicator minerals such as red and orange garnets, green apatite and beryl have been noted over 8 kilometres in strike length.
- The Property is confirmed to host a fertile lithium-cesium-tantalum (“LCT”) system with the presence of two highly evolved LCT-pegmatite dikes, one of which has the“Maple Leaf Showing” (Figure 2). These dikes have been the focus of the limited exploration work completed thus far with samples assaying as high as 0.5% Li2O and 14.64% Ta2O5 in and around the dikes.
- The LCT-pegmatite dike hosting the“Maple Leaf Showing” appears to be at least 50 metres wide and outcrops for approximately 350 metres along strike. In addition to the tantalite showing with 14.64% Ta2O5, very coarse mineralization is present in its vicinity including up to 100 cm feldspar crystals, 11 cm beryl crystals and the coarse-grained tantalite present at MLS (Figure 3). Coarse-grained tantalite is only known to be found at one other locality in Ontario which is the North Aubrey pegmatite at Green Technology Metals (GT1) Seymour Lake Project where GT1 has identified a 9.9 Mt resource at 1.04% Li2O.
- In addition to the above, limited surface sampling has identified very anomalous lithium values in numerous samples above 300 ppm with several samples assaying above 0.40% Li2O. Similarly, very anomalous tantalum and cesium is present throughout the property with two further showings assaying 3.41% and 3.78% Ta2O5. The high-grade tantalite along with the very anomalous lithium indicates the potential for higher-grade lithium to be present at the property in adjacent zones within the LCT-system.
- The Property is on trend to the east of GT1's Wisa Lake Lithium Project where GT1 has prepared an exploration target of 8 to 10 Mt at 0.8–1.5% Li2O. Grab samples at Wisa Lake have assayed over 1% Li2O and as high as 6.38% Li2O.
- The property lies within the Quetico Subprovince 6 kilometres south of the Quetico Fault Zone. This deep-seated regional structure has been recognized to play a role in LCT pegmatite mineralization. In nature, LCT pegmatites are derived from a parental granitic source, whereby the granite melts into metasedimentary or metavolcanic host rock during a continental collision. For this reason, it is common to find LCT pegmatites near subprovince boundaries. LCT pegmatites are the last to crystalize components of granitic melts; a halo of pegmatites surrounds the granite, with these pegmatites exhibiting increased fractionation and complexity the further away from the granitic source. The presence of beryl, tantalum, and cesium indicates that the White Willow pegmatites are highly fractionated and very prospective for the presence of lithium as this zone is the“outer zone” that is most distal from the granitic source.
“The rising global demand for lithium, driven by the green energy revolution and the exponential growth of electric vehicles, makes the acquisition of the White Willow Lithium-Tantalum Property an attractive investment. This acquisition promises to position the Company at the forefront of the burgeoning lithium market, offering significant growth opportunities,” said Deepak Varshney, CEO of Usha Resources.“The geological characteristics of the property and the historical data on mineral occurrences make it an exceptional opportunity for exploration and potential development. By making these strategic acquisitions, we are positioning Usha at the forefront of the evolving lithium market, thereby securing a foothold in the rapidly expanding green energy sector. Many companies have recently staked properties in Ontario and Quebec based on map geology, but the White Willow property not only has a significant number of mapped pegmatites, it is a confirmed highly evolved LCT-system with high-grade tantalum that shows excellent potential for high-grade lithium bearing pegmatites. We are very pleased to have been able to assemble this highly prospective land package at a low cost.”
Other related developments from around the markets include:
Livent Corporation reported results for the fourth quarter and full year of 2022 . Fourth quarter revenue was $219.4 million, down 5% and up 79% from the third quarter of 2022 and the prior year's quarter, respectively. Continued strength in lithium market conditions and customer demand resulted in higher sequential volumes, the impact of which was partially offset by a less favorable customer mix. For the full year, Livent reported revenue of $813.2 million, nearly double 2021 results. Full year Adjusted EBITDA was $366.7 million, over five times higher than the prior year, and adjusted earnings per share were $1.40 per diluted share. This significant improvement was a result of higher average realized prices across all lithium products.
American Lithium provided operating and financial highlights for the third-quarter.“During the quarter, the Company made strong progress and delivered on several key milestones,” stated Simon Clarke, CEO of American Lithium.“Successful drilling at TLC allowed us to deliver new and expanded resources, forming the foundation for the Company's maiden PEA announced yesterday.” During the quarter, the company continued to receive strong drill results from its 2022 drill program as it intersected high grade sections at TLC.
Lithium Americas announced it entered into a purchase agreement with general motors pursuant to which GM will make a $650 million equity investment in Lithium Americas. In connection with the Transaction, the Company has provided an update on the construction plan for the Thacker Pass lithium project in Humboldt County, Nevada, including the release of an independent National Instrument 43-101 feasibility study. The agreement represents the largest-ever investment by an automaker to produce battery raw materials, with GM to become Lithium Americas' largest shareholder. Lithium Americas to receive $650 million equity investment from GM consisting of $320 million first tranche investment for common shares representing 9.999% of Lithium Americas before separation; and $330 million second tranche investment, contemplated to be invested in the Company's U.S. business following the separation of its U.S. and Argentine businesses.
Albemarle, a leader in the global specialty chemicals industry, announced the official brand launch of ketjen , its wholly owned subsidiary that crafts tailored, advanced catalyst solutions for the petrochemical, refining and specialty chemicals industries. The company shared the new name of its catalysts business in November 2022 after announcing plans to operate the business as a subsidiary. As a distinct brand, Ketjen will continue to support customers in their unique energy transition journeys from fluidized catalytic cracking to clean fuels to hydro-processing to organometallics and curatives. "As the industry responds to global market dynamics, our customers need innovative solutions to help them navigate their changing landscapes," said Ketjen President Raphael Crawford. "Ketjen will continue to provide its portfolio of advanced catalyst and specialty chemicals solutions, which are unique to each customer's needs, to increase production performance and business value."
Legal Disclaimer / Except for the historical information presented herein, matters discussed in this article contains forward-looking statements that are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. Winning Media is not registered with any financial or securities regulatory authority and does not provide nor claims to provide investment advice or recommendations to readers of this release. For making specific investment decisions, readers should seek their own advice. Usha Resources Ltd. paid three thousand five hundred dollars for advertising and marketing services to be distributed by Winning Media. Winning Media is only compensated for its services in the form of cash-based compensation. Winning Media owns ZERO shares of Usha Resources Ltd. Please click here for disclaimer.