Yemen reported 7 COVID-19 cases
(MENAFN) The overall figure of the confirmed COVID-19 cases in Yemen has jumped to 7, as one more patient tested positive for the virus in the province of Taiz as of Friday, the country's health officials declared during the day.
"A new confirmed case of coronavirus was registered, the first in the southwestern province of Taiz, of a man in his 40s," the national emergency coronavirus committee said in a fleeting tweet.
The war-torn Arab nation has reported so far a total of 7 confirmed COVID-19 cases, including two fatalities and one patient said to have cured from the disease.
After the country has been held under a five-year civil war which has seriously damaged the national medical system, the United Nations Humanitarian Coordinator for Yemen Lise Grande cautioned on Tuesday of a potential accelerated dissemination of COVID-19 in the conflict-torn country.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.