403
Sorry!!
Error! We're sorry, but the page you were looking for doesn't exist.
Deadly Israeli Strikes Hit Lebanon Despite Ceasefire, Officials Say
(MENAFN) At least three people were killed and 10 others wounded in renewed Israeli airstrikes across Lebanon on Monday, according to Lebanese authorities and state media, despite an existing ceasefire arrangement.
According to reports, an Israeli strike on the town of Douris in the Baalbek district killed two Palestinians, including a young girl, and injured a woman and a child, the Lebanese Health Ministry said.
Separately, the National News Agency reported that another strike on Maarakeh in the Tyre district killed one person and left eight others injured.
Further strikes were reported across southern Lebanon, with Israeli aircraft targeting areas in Siddiqine, the al-Khashna area in Qana, and Deir Antar in the Bint Jbeil district. One of the strikes reportedly flattened a residential building in Qana, while additional waves of airstrikes hit homes in Deir Aames.
Earlier in the day, additional residential structures were reportedly destroyed in the al-Qalaa area between Harouf and Doueir.
The strikes occurred despite a US-mediated ceasefire announced on April 17 and later extended into early July.
Lebanese officials stated that since March 2, Israeli military operations in the country have killed nearly 3,000 people, injured more than 9,000, and displaced over 1.6 million residents—roughly one-fifth of the population—amid continuing cross-border escalation.
According to reports, an Israeli strike on the town of Douris in the Baalbek district killed two Palestinians, including a young girl, and injured a woman and a child, the Lebanese Health Ministry said.
Separately, the National News Agency reported that another strike on Maarakeh in the Tyre district killed one person and left eight others injured.
Further strikes were reported across southern Lebanon, with Israeli aircraft targeting areas in Siddiqine, the al-Khashna area in Qana, and Deir Antar in the Bint Jbeil district. One of the strikes reportedly flattened a residential building in Qana, while additional waves of airstrikes hit homes in Deir Aames.
Earlier in the day, additional residential structures were reportedly destroyed in the al-Qalaa area between Harouf and Doueir.
The strikes occurred despite a US-mediated ceasefire announced on April 17 and later extended into early July.
Lebanese officials stated that since March 2, Israeli military operations in the country have killed nearly 3,000 people, injured more than 9,000, and displaced over 1.6 million residents—roughly one-fifth of the population—amid continuing cross-border escalation.
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment