Trump Says He Didn't See Full Obama Meme, Claims He Missed Offensive Ending
Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One on Friday night while travelling to Florida, Trump said he had already spoken to Senator Tim Scott, the only Black Republican in the Senate, after Scott demanded the video be taken down.
“I spoke to Tim Scott. He was great. Tim is a great guy. He understood that 100%,” Trump said.
“I didn't see the whole thing,” Trump added.“I guess during the end of it there was some kind of a picture that people don't like. I wouldn't like it either.”
'I liked the beginning'Trump said he only watched the first portion of the roughly one-minute video, which was styled as a“Lion King” meme and initially focused on claims of voter fraud.
“I liked the beginning,” Trump said.“I didn't see it. I looked at the first part.”
He said the opening segment was about“voter fraud in some place, Georgia,” and that he passed it on without viewing the rest.
White House blames stafferThe White House said the video was posted in error and blamed an unidentified staff member for failing to review it fully.
“Generally they look at the whole thing, but I guess somebody didn't,” Trump said.“We took it down as soon as we found out.”
The video was deleted from Trump's Truth Social account hours later, following a growing backlash.
No apology offeredWhen asked whether he would apologise, Trump declined.
“No, I didn't make a mistake,” he said.“I mean, I look at a lot of - thousands of things. I looked at the beginning of it, it was fine.”
Mixed White House responseWhite House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt initially defended the post, saying it came“from an internet meme video depicting President Trump as the King of the Jungle and Democrats as characters from the Lion King.”
“Please stop the fake outrage,” Leavitt added.
However, as criticism mounted - including from several senior Republicans - the White House later sought to distance the President from the video, stressing that it had been removed once the issue was identified.
Also Read | Iran-US talks off to a 'good start', Trump doubles down on no nukes-key points Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment