(MENAFN- America News Hour)
The market for diethyl ether is expected to witness a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period. One of the major factor driving the market is the growing demand for Industrial and laboratory solvents. However, formation of explosive peroxides is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
– Automotive industry dominated the market in 2018 and is expected to grow during the forecast period.
– Manufacturing multi-walled carbon nanotubes, using diethyl ether is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
– North America dominated the market across the world, with the largest consumption coming from the United States.
Click Here to Download Sample Report
Key Market Trends
Consumption of Diethyl Ether in Automotive Industry
– Diethyl ether is used in the automotive sector as an octane and oxygen enhancer in gasoline and as a blend in lubricating oils.
– The other application includes the use of diethyl ether as an additive for diesel starting fluids.
– The cold-starting performance of the CI engine is improved by blending the fuel with diethyl ether, due to its high cetane number and high energy density.
– Diethyl ether is a highly flammable substance, so it gives a sudden engine start by increasing the pressure in the cylinder to almost double.
– The diethyl ether additive can be of higher interest in the starting fluid in countries with cold climates, as it helps in cold-starting of an engine at sub-zero temperatures.
– The consumption of Diethyl ether in diverse ways in the automotive industry is likely to drive the demand of diethyl ether in the coming years.
North American Region to Dominate the Market
– The North American region dominated the global market share. The United States is the largest producer and consumer of diethyl ether across the world. It accounts for more than 90% production among the combined North and South America.
– The largest market for diethyl ether in the country being engine-starting fluids and industrial and laboratory reagents, it is estimated to have more than 65% of total consumption. In addition, smokeless gunpowder formulations for the defense and military industry are likely to contribute to one-fourth of the total consumption in the United States.
Request For The Sample Report Here:
– Moreover, pharmaceutical spending in the United States is also increasing from the past few years. Diethyl ether is used as a solvent for drugs. The spending on medicines is likely to grow to USD 610 million by 2021. The growth is likely to come from large therapy chronic areas, such as hypertension and mental health.
– With an increasing demand for pharmaceutical drugs and laboratory reagents, the market for diethyl ether is likely to grow at a good pace, during the forecast period.
The diethyl ether market is partially fragmented with the major players accounting for a small chunk of the market. Some of these major players include BASF SE, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings BV, Merck KGaA, and INEOS.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand for Industrial and Laboratory Solvents
4.1.2 Rising Demand for Diethyl Ether in the Production of Perfumes
4.1.3 Growing Need for Use of Diethyl Ether for Compression-Ignition (CI) Engines
4.2.1 Formation of Explosive Peroxides
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Feedstock Analysis and Trends
4.6 Technological Snapshot
4.7 Trade Analysis
4.8 Regulatory Policy Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
Request For Full Report diethyl ether market
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.