(MENAFN- America News Hour)
The Malaysia adhesives and sealants market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 7%, over the forecast period. Increasing demand form packaging industry is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
– Growing popularity of bio-based adhesives is likely to create opportunities for the market's growth in the future.
– Stringent environmental regulations regarding VOC emissions is likely to hinder the market's growth.
– By end-user industry, the paper, board, and packaging segment dominated the market.
Click Here to Download Sample Report
Key Market Trends
Increasing Usage of Acrylic Water Borne Adhesives
– Water-borne acrylic adhesives are considered as an environmentally friendly and economically feasible substitute to solvent-based adhesives. The major advantage of water-borne adhesives is the absence of volatile organic compounds.
– The properties of the acrylics include durability, color retention, quick-drying, environmentally friendly, impact-resistant, etc. Acrylics are majorly used on exterior and interior surfaces, such as on frames, doors, wall surfaces, trim, etc.
– Acrylics can be applied to areas, such as primed metals, direct to metal applications, wood, and masonry surfaces. Acrylics are also used directly to metal or as a topcoat for many colors and gloss levels.
– The application of the acrylics includes bonding wood, paper, wall panel bonding, sealing (grouts), textiles bonding, paper stamps, leather tile envelopes, labels, etc. Acrylics are used by various end-user industries, such as buildings and construction, woodworking and joinery, paper, board, packaging, etc.
– Furthermore, acrylics are majorly used by paper, board, and packaging industries. Packaging industry dominates the demand for acrylic adhesives with numerous applications in products, such as tapes, labels, cases, and cartons.
– Factors, such as e-commerce, online food deliveries, and innovation and development in the packaging industry has been driving the growth of the packaging industry in the country.
Rising Demand from Building and Construction Industry
– Adhesives and sealants have been extensively used in the building and construction industry owing to their characteristics and physical properties. These properties include good adhesion and elasticity, cohesion, high cohesive strength, flexibility, the high elastic modulus of the substrate, resistance from thermal expansion, and environmental resistance from UV light, corrosion, saltwater, rain, and other weathering conditions.
Request For The Sample Report Here:
– They have a myriad of applications. They are used in heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), concrete, joint cement, manufactured housing, resilient flooring, roofing, wall covering, pre-finish panels, drywall lamination, joints in exterior walls, spandrels, repair of larger cracks, the perimeter of doors and fixed window frames, etc.
– The Malaysian Prime Minister, Mahathir Mohamad has scrapped two megaprojects funded by China. These projects were awarded to China by the previous government and were valued around USD 22.3 billion combined.
– Even though some major projects were withdrawn, the construction industry in Malaysia is stable due to the focus of the government on improving rural areas.
– All the aforementioned factors, in turn, are expected to boost the demand for adhesives and sealants in the country during the forecast period.
The Malaysia adhesives and sealants market is a consolidated market with many healthy competitions in the market. The major companies include 3M, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Sika AG, Arkema Group, and H.B. Fuller Company, among others.
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand from Packaging Industry
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations Regarding VOC Emissions
4.2.2 Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
Request For Full Report malaysia adhesives and sealants market
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.