Iran to US: Efforts to disrupt Iran's dominion will not go one-sided
(MENAFN) The Iranian Foreign Ministry announced late on Saturday that Washington cannot hide its “nefarious designs” to Iran by loosening some of its communications bans aimed at Iran while keeping one-sided restrictions in other central areas in place.
The response by the Foreign Ministry came a day following the U.S. Treasury Department gave out regulation releasing some previously sanction-stricken internet services for Iranians.
The decision by Washington came amid disturbances that came after the tragic passing of Mahsa Amini, a 22-year-old Iranian woman who lost consciousness while in police custody and passed away at hospital after three days in coma.
U.S. officials have said that the exceptions would "help" Iranians access tools that can be used to avoid the Iranian government's cyber surveillance rules.
"US has long attempted to undermine Iran's stability & security - to no avail,” according to Foreign Ministry spokesman Nasser Kanaani tweeted, Press TV.
"It can't hide its nefarious designs: loosening communications sanctions, while keeping Max Pressure in place. Both meant to provoke instability," he also said, cautioning that "bids to violate Iran's sovereignty won't go unanswered."
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.