CEB Officials Placed On Compulsory Leave| MENAFN.COM

Tuesday, 09 August 2022 04:12 GMT

CEB Officials Placed On Compulsory Leave


(MENAFN- Colombo Gazette)

Two officials of the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) have been placed on compulsory leave over the 9th June power failure, Power and Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekera said today.

He said that the CEB System Control Deputy General Manager (DGM) and the System Control Chief Engineer have been placed on compulsory leave for the 9th June power failure.

The Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) had called for an investigation into the 9th June power interruption.

Power and Energy Minister Kanchana Wijesekera said earlier that he had received a letter from the PUCSL calling for an inquiry in to the power interruption on 9th June caused by union action launched by the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB).

The Minister said the PUCSL had concluded that a Rs 320 Million cost was incurred by operating fuel plants when hydro power could have been generated on the same day.

Kanchana Wijesekera said that on the 10th of June he had instructed the CEB Chairman and General Manager to conduct an internal investigation into the incidents.

He had also asked the CEB to assist the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) in their investigations and to temporally remove the alleged persons responsible from their positions to carry out an impartial inquiry and take appropriate legal action. (Colombo Gazette)

MENAFN05072022000190011042ID1104482207


Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.