403
Sorry!!
Error! We're sorry, but the page you were looking for doesn't exist.
Nearly Dozen Killed in Israeli Strikes on S. Lebanon
(MENAFN) Israeli airstrikes across southern Lebanon from late Thursday into Friday killed at least 11 people — among them paramedics, emergency rescuers, and a child — and left several others wounded, according to multiple Lebanese sources.
In the earliest incident, four paramedics were killed before dawn Friday when a strike hit an emergency center in the town of Hanouiyeh in the Tyre district, Lebanon's state-run media reported.
Hours later, a devastating airstrike at the Deir Qanoun al-Nahr-Abbasiyeh junction, also in the Tyre district, claimed six lives, including two paramedics from the Islamic Risala Scout Association who were actively evacuating casualties from an earlier strike. The remaining victims were identified as one Lebanese citizen and three Syrian nationals, one of them a child.
In the city of Nabatieh, a drone strike targeting a pickup truck killed one person and wounded two others, according to local reports.
Lebanon's Public Health Ministry said an Israeli strike near a government hospital in the town of Tebnine inflicted severe structural damage on the facility and wounded nine people, including seven hospital staff members, five of them women.
The ministry said the toll since March 2 has reached 3,111 killed and 9,432 wounded — figures that underscore the deepening humanitarian crisis gripping southern Lebanon.
In a parallel development, Hezbollah announced that its fighters launched an attack drone targeting an Israeli artillery position in the border town of Adaisseh on Friday afternoon.
The wave of strikes marks a sharp escalation in Israeli military activity across southern Lebanon, coming despite a ceasefire between the two sides announced last month.
In the earliest incident, four paramedics were killed before dawn Friday when a strike hit an emergency center in the town of Hanouiyeh in the Tyre district, Lebanon's state-run media reported.
Hours later, a devastating airstrike at the Deir Qanoun al-Nahr-Abbasiyeh junction, also in the Tyre district, claimed six lives, including two paramedics from the Islamic Risala Scout Association who were actively evacuating casualties from an earlier strike. The remaining victims were identified as one Lebanese citizen and three Syrian nationals, one of them a child.
In the city of Nabatieh, a drone strike targeting a pickup truck killed one person and wounded two others, according to local reports.
Lebanon's Public Health Ministry said an Israeli strike near a government hospital in the town of Tebnine inflicted severe structural damage on the facility and wounded nine people, including seven hospital staff members, five of them women.
The ministry said the toll since March 2 has reached 3,111 killed and 9,432 wounded — figures that underscore the deepening humanitarian crisis gripping southern Lebanon.
In a parallel development, Hezbollah announced that its fighters launched an attack drone targeting an Israeli artillery position in the border town of Adaisseh on Friday afternoon.
The wave of strikes marks a sharp escalation in Israeli military activity across southern Lebanon, coming despite a ceasefire between the two sides announced last month.
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment