403
Sorry!!
Error! We're sorry, but the page you were looking for doesn't exist.
New Israeli Rules Threaten Humanitarian Access to Gaza
(MENAFN) Israel’s updated registration demands for international non-governmental organizations (INGOs) could leave hundreds of thousands of residents in Gaza without vital medical assistance in 2026, Doctors Without Borders (MSF) cautioned on Monday.
The organization explained that these regulations may result in the cancellation of registration for INGOs beginning January 1. Such a measure would block groups, including MSF, from delivering crucial services in both Gaza and the West Bank.
"With Gaza’s health system already destroyed, independent and experienced humanitarian organizations losing access to respond would be a disaster for Palestinians," the statement said.
"MSF calls on the Israeli authorities to ensure that INGOs can maintain and continue their impartial and independent response in Gaza," it added.
MSF emphasized that the already limited humanitarian operations “cannot be further dismantled.”
“In the last year, MSF teams have treated hundreds of thousands of patients and delivered hundreds of millions of liters of water,” noted Pascale Coissard, MSF’s emergency coordinator for Gaza.
The group is working to broaden its assistance for Gaza’s devastated health infrastructure. In 2025 alone, MSF carried out nearly 800,000 outpatient visits and treated more than 100,000 trauma cases. They intend to reinforce these efforts in 2026, provided registration is approved, Coissard added.
"If MSF loses its access to Gaza in 2026, due to the Israeli authorities, a large portion of people in Gaza will lose access to critical medical care, water, and lifesaving support. MSF’s activities serve nearly half a million people in Gaza through our vital support to the destroyed health system," the statement added.
The organization explained that these regulations may result in the cancellation of registration for INGOs beginning January 1. Such a measure would block groups, including MSF, from delivering crucial services in both Gaza and the West Bank.
"With Gaza’s health system already destroyed, independent and experienced humanitarian organizations losing access to respond would be a disaster for Palestinians," the statement said.
"MSF calls on the Israeli authorities to ensure that INGOs can maintain and continue their impartial and independent response in Gaza," it added.
MSF emphasized that the already limited humanitarian operations “cannot be further dismantled.”
“In the last year, MSF teams have treated hundreds of thousands of patients and delivered hundreds of millions of liters of water,” noted Pascale Coissard, MSF’s emergency coordinator for Gaza.
The group is working to broaden its assistance for Gaza’s devastated health infrastructure. In 2025 alone, MSF carried out nearly 800,000 outpatient visits and treated more than 100,000 trauma cases. They intend to reinforce these efforts in 2026, provided registration is approved, Coissard added.
"If MSF loses its access to Gaza in 2026, due to the Israeli authorities, a large portion of people in Gaza will lose access to critical medical care, water, and lifesaving support. MSF’s activities serve nearly half a million people in Gaza through our vital support to the destroyed health system," the statement added.
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment