403
Sorry!!
Error! We're sorry, but the page you were looking for doesn't exist.
Thai PM apologizes for failure to safeguard communities hit by floods
(MENAFN) Thailand’s Prime Minister Anutin Charnvirakul publicly apologized for what he described as the “state's failure” to safeguard communities devastated by severe flooding, which has claimed more than 160 lives, according to reports on Sunday.
During a recent on-site visit, Anutin apologized to “every resident he met” for the government’s inability to prevent the scale of destruction, promising stronger measures and immediate action. He is scheduled to return to Hat Yai district in Songkhla province — one of the hardest-hit areas — to conduct urgent evaluations, as reported by local sources.
He stressed the importance of implementing “stricter” evacuation warnings and said authorities will review the overall damage to assemble a full support package, including soft loans and financial aid for affected families.
The death toll rose to 162 as of Saturday, with Songkhla province alone accounting for 126 fatalities. More than one million households nationwide have been impacted by the disaster.
The current flooding, considered the worst the country has experienced in 25 years, left thousands stranded in their homes earlier in the week.
During a recent on-site visit, Anutin apologized to “every resident he met” for the government’s inability to prevent the scale of destruction, promising stronger measures and immediate action. He is scheduled to return to Hat Yai district in Songkhla province — one of the hardest-hit areas — to conduct urgent evaluations, as reported by local sources.
He stressed the importance of implementing “stricter” evacuation warnings and said authorities will review the overall damage to assemble a full support package, including soft loans and financial aid for affected families.
The death toll rose to 162 as of Saturday, with Songkhla province alone accounting for 126 fatalities. More than one million households nationwide have been impacted by the disaster.
The current flooding, considered the worst the country has experienced in 25 years, left thousands stranded in their homes earlier in the week.
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment