Gujarat: Over 250 Taken Ill Due To Food Poisoning At Wedding, Hospitalised


(MENAFN- IANS) Veraval, April 19 (IANS) At least 250 guests at a wedding ceremony were taken ill due to suspected food poisoning in Mathasuliya village in Gujarat's Gir Somnath district.

After consuming buttermilk served at the event on Friday, people exhibited acute symptoms of diarrhea and vomiting, sources said.

Health officials are investigating the source of contamination to prevent further incidents.

Emergency services were called to the scene as health
condition of many worsened, necessitating immediate medical attention.

The affected individuals were admitted to a nearby hospital today for treatment
and observation.

"The village hospital faced challenges in dealing with the aftermath of a massive food poisoning incident at a wedding. With over 250 affected individuals seeking medical help, the facility quickly became overwhelmed due to insufficient bed capacity," sources said.

Many victims were forced to sleep on the floor or make do with hospital benches due to the lack of available space. Additionally, the hospital struggled with a staff shortage, complicating efforts to provide adequate care to all those affected," the sources said.

Some patients are doing fine now, while others are still admitted.

MENAFN19042024000231011071ID1108115087


IANS

Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.