(MENAFN - The Conversation) Associate Professor of Philosophy, Deakin University Profile Articles Activity
I'm a philosopher at Deakin University, and have previously held research fellowships in the UK, Denmark and the US.
My areas of research include personal identity, philosophy of death and remembrance, 19th and 20th century European philosophy (especially the work of Søren Kierkegaard) and moral psychology.
As well as The Conversation, I'm a regular contributor to New Philosopher and pop up from time to time on ABC Radio Melbourne, Radio National, and various other places.
- 2012present Senior lecturer, Deakin University
- 20102012 Marie Curie Fellow, University of Hertfordshire
- 20082010 Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Copenhagen
- 20072007 Kierkegaard House Foundation Fellow, St Olaf College, Minnesota
- 2006 University of Melbourne, PhD, Philosophy
- 2015 Narrative, Identity, and the Kierkegaardian Self, Edinburgh University Press
- 2015 The Naked Self: Kierkegaard and Personal Identity, Oxford University Press
- 2014 Crossing the Bridge: The First-Person and Time, Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences
- 2013 Will It Be Me? Identity, Concern, and Perspective, Canadian Journal of Philosophy
- 2012 Philosophy has Consequences! Encouraging Metacognition and Active Learning in the Ethics Classroom, Teaching Philosophy
- 2011 Kierkegaard and Death, Indiana University Press
- 2011 Ghosts in the Machine: Do The Dead Live On In Facebook?, Philosophy and Technology
- 2010 Kierkegaard's Mirrors: Interest, Self, and Moral Vision, Palgrave
Grants and Contracts
- 2014 Online Interactions with the Dead Role: Chief Investigator Funding Source: Deakin University Central Research Grants Scheme
- Philosophy (2203)
- Philosophy Of Religion (220315)
- Philosophy Not Elsewhere Classified (220399)
- Philosophical Psychology (Incl. Moral Psychology And Philosophy Of Action) (220311)
Australasian Association of Philosophy Media Prize, 2014
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.