403
Sorry!!
Error! We're sorry, but the page you were looking for doesn't exist.
Trump Postpones Planned Strike on Iran
(MENAFN) US President Donald Trump said he decided to delay what he described as a “very major attack” against Iran after several Gulf countries urged Washington to allow additional time for diplomatic efforts.
According to Trump, the military operation had been planned for Tuesday, but he instructed the Pentagon to pause preparations following requests from Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and other regional states seeking a short extension for negotiations with Tehran.
“We were getting ready to do a very major attack tomorrow,” Trump told journalists. “I’ve put it off for a little while, hopefully maybe forever, but possibly for a little while, because we’ve had very big discussions with Iran.”
The US president claimed Gulf governments believe Tehran is “getting very close to making a deal,” while emphasizing that any agreement must ensure Iran does not acquire nuclear weapons capabilities.
At the same time, Trump reportedly directed the US Department of War to stay prepared for a “full, large-scale assault” at “a moment’s notice” if negotiations fail to produce what Washington considers an acceptable outcome.
The latest remarks came after a series of warnings issued by Trump over the weekend, including statements that “the Clock is Ticking” for Iran and that “there won’t be anything left” of the country unless it accepts US demands.
Indirect contacts between Tehran and Washington have remained frozen since a fragile ceasefire was established in early April following weeks of conflict involving the US, Israel, and Iran.
According to Trump, the military operation had been planned for Tuesday, but he instructed the Pentagon to pause preparations following requests from Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and other regional states seeking a short extension for negotiations with Tehran.
“We were getting ready to do a very major attack tomorrow,” Trump told journalists. “I’ve put it off for a little while, hopefully maybe forever, but possibly for a little while, because we’ve had very big discussions with Iran.”
The US president claimed Gulf governments believe Tehran is “getting very close to making a deal,” while emphasizing that any agreement must ensure Iran does not acquire nuclear weapons capabilities.
At the same time, Trump reportedly directed the US Department of War to stay prepared for a “full, large-scale assault” at “a moment’s notice” if negotiations fail to produce what Washington considers an acceptable outcome.
The latest remarks came after a series of warnings issued by Trump over the weekend, including statements that “the Clock is Ticking” for Iran and that “there won’t be anything left” of the country unless it accepts US demands.
Indirect contacts between Tehran and Washington have remained frozen since a fragile ceasefire was established in early April following weeks of conflict involving the US, Israel, and Iran.
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment