403
Sorry!!
Error! We're sorry, but the page you were looking for doesn't exist.
NATO Vows Defense Following Iran Missile Intercept Near Turkey
(MENAFN) NATO said it is fully prepared to respond to threats from all directions following the neutralization of a missile launched from Iran toward Türkiye.
In a written statement, the alliance said: “NATO continues to be ready to defend against any threats from any direction.” Operational specifics were not disclosed, but NATO added that it will “continue to adapt our ballistic missile defense system to evolving threats.”
Türkiye’s National Defense Ministry reported earlier that the missile entering Turkish airspace was intercepted by NATO air and missile defense assets deployed in the Eastern Mediterranean.
Similar incursions on March 4 and 9 were also neutralized by NATO defense systems.
Türkiye joined NATO in 1952, marking the alliance’s first postwar expansion nearly 75 years ago.
In a written statement, the alliance said: “NATO continues to be ready to defend against any threats from any direction.” Operational specifics were not disclosed, but NATO added that it will “continue to adapt our ballistic missile defense system to evolving threats.”
Türkiye’s National Defense Ministry reported earlier that the missile entering Turkish airspace was intercepted by NATO air and missile defense assets deployed in the Eastern Mediterranean.
Similar incursions on March 4 and 9 were also neutralized by NATO defense systems.
Türkiye joined NATO in 1952, marking the alliance’s first postwar expansion nearly 75 years ago.
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Comments
No comment