Tuesday, 02 January 2024 12:17 GMT

Yemen's Houthis Claim Missile Strike On Israel's Ben Gurion Airport


(MENAFN- Nam News Network) ADEN, Jul 2 (NNN-YPA) – Yemen's Houthis, yesterday, claimed responsibility for launching a ballistic missile, targeting Ben Gurion Airport in central Israel.

In a televised statement, broadcast by the Houthi-run al-Masirah TV, the Houthis military spokesperson, Yahya Sarea, said, they had“carried out a special military operation targeting Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv, using a hypersonic ballistic missile of the Palestine-2 type.”

According to Sarea, the missile strike“successfully achieved its goal” by forcing“millions of settlers into shelters and disrupting airport operations.”

Sarea also claimed that, a wave of one-way unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) attacks, targeted, what he described as,“three sensitive sites” in Eilat, Tel Aviv, and Ashkelon.

The Houthi spokesperson reiterated their position that, they would continue military operations,“in support of the Palestinian people” until Israel halts its military actions in Gaza.

In a statement released earlier in the day, the Zionist Israeli military said, Houthi forces fired“a missile” towards Israel, triggering air raid sirens in the central and southern parts of the regime, before it was intercepted. No injuries were reported.

The Zionist Defence Minister, Israel Katz, vowed yesterday, to retaliate against the Houthi forces, after the missile attack.

Since Nov, 2023, the Houthis launched multiple missile and drone attacks against Israel, asserting these actions are in solidarity with the Palestinians in the besieged enclave. The Houthis, which control much of northern Yemen, have aligned themselves, politically and militarily, with the Palestinian people, during the ongoing hostilities between Israel and Hamas.

In response to the attacks, the Israeli regime conducted airstrikes on key infrastructure in Yemen, targeting energy facilities and military sites. These retaliatory strikes have resulted in significant casualties and material damage, according to local Yemeni officials.– NNN-YPA

MENAFN01072025000200011047ID1109749520



Nam News Network

Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Search