Jordanian Companies Want Lower Tariffs To Sell To Brazil


(MENAFN- Brazil-Arab News Agency (ANBA))

São Paulo – The Jordanian Chamber of Industry (JCI) is drafting a memorandum to explain the need to reduce customs tariffs on Jordanian exports to Brazil to facilitate trade between the two countries. The information was disclosed to ANBA by Ahmad Adnan Al-Khudari (pictured above), a Board member of the JCI, the Amman Chamber of Industry (ACI), and Jordan Exports (JE).

Speaking during his participation in the supermarket sector APAS Show, which took place last week in the city of São Paulo, Al-Khudari said Brazil is a significant and promising market and the gateway for Jordanian products in Latin America. He pointed out high customs tariffs, however, are the most significant obstacle and challenge to the distribution of his country's products to the Brazilian market.

The matter could be discussed between the industry chambers and JE, and a memorandum will be drafted and presented to the trade authorities with the aim of reducing these tariffs, according to the businessman.

According to Al-Khudari, Jordan exports around JOD 10 billion (about USD 14.1 billion at the current rate) in products a year, excluding potassium and phosphates. Jordanian products reach 120 countries, and the Levantine country seeks to increase exports to create new job opportunities, as each USD 1 billion in revenue contributes to the creation of 45,000 new jobs, according to him.

Jordan at APAS

Jordanian companies participated in the APAS Show, offering different products such as olive oil, herbs and spices, thyme and its varieties, gelatine and caramel cream, and oriental sweets, in addition to traditional Arabic coffee.

According to Al-Khudari, Jordanian companies will have a bigger participation in next year's show edition. They also plan to participate in another sector show in Brazil in 2024, Anufood, which specializes in foodstuffs.

He explained the export authorities in Jordan are working to help small farmers improve the package quality and design of their products to help enter global markets. The initiative aims to improve the population's standard of living and increase exports.

Herbs & spices company

Al-Khudari is also managing director of adnan khudari & sons trading co. , which specializes in producing and exporting herbs and spices. The family company is in its fourth generation. He explained all the employees work according to a clear company policy.

Adnan Khudari & Sons Trading Co. sells to about 45 international markets, mainly the United States. The company has 19 distributors in the US market, in addition to Canada, Australia, and the Gulf countries, and is currently looking to enter Latin America.

In the company's extensive assortment of products are herbs packaged in jars and in plastic containers with filters, conventional and organic pomegranate molasses, commercial and organic vinegar, low sodium salt for consumers with hypertension, different oriental spices, all regional varieties of thyme from Jordan, Palestine, and Lebanon; gelatine, pudding, caramel cream, and other products.

Exports account for 75% of the company's production. According to the businessman, the other 25% are marketed in Jordan, where the company's products supply around 90% of the local market's needs.

Translated by Georgette Merkhan & Elúsio Brasileiro

Omar Assi/ANBA

The post jordanian companies want lower tariffs to sell to brazil appeared first on agência de notícias brasil-árabe .

MENAFN26052023000213011057ID1106328284


Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.