(MENAFN- America News Hour)
The market for green and bio polyols is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 5% globally during the forecast period.
Increasing applications for bio-friendly organic compounds and growing demand from the construction industry are driving the market growth.
High cost and the Impact of COVID-19 which in turn is expected to hinder the market growth.
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from Construction and Automotive Sectors
– Green polyols and bio polyols are eco-friendly organic alcohol solutions containing multiple hydroxyl groups. Green polyols are derived from polyurethanes and polyethylene terephthalates. Bio polyols are derived from oils such as canola oil, castor oil, coconut oil, corn oil, rapeseed oil, palm oil, and soya bean oil.
Click Here to Download Sample Report >>
– Green polyols and bio polyols are being used in the production of many applications such as polyurethane, thermoplastic elastomers, coatings, adhesives, sealants, artificial leather, etc.
– The demand for coatings, adhesives, and thermoplastic elastomers has been rising from various end-user industries in recent years. Construction and Automotive are the fastest-growing end-user segments in terms of green polyols and bio polyols consumption.
– Due to the environmentally friendly nature, automotive and construction sectors have been adopting green and bio polyols in various applications.
– Green and bio polyols are being used in automotive applications such as seat backrests, headrests, armrests, car interior parts, insulation purposes and construction applications include residential, commercial, infrastructure, and other industrial purposes.
– Recently, the outbreak of COVID-19 in all regions is expected to decrease the demand from the automotive and other end-user industries for the next two years.
– Increasing applications for environmentally friendly polyols in automobiles, technological advancements in the construction industry are expected to the demand for green and bio polyols through the years to come.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market in the Coming Years
– Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global market owing to the highly developed automobile sector in China, Korea, Japan, and India, coupled with the continuous investments done in the region to advance the construction and furniture segments through the years.
– Green and bio polyols are being used to make rigid and flexible PU foams and adhesives that are utilized for packaging and furniture applications. Asia-Pacific is one of the leading exporters of various products to different regions and is the major driving region in the packaging segment.
– Especially, China is one of the prominent producers and exporters of furniture. Green and bio polyols are being used to make artificial leathers, carpet backing, furniture and for bedding applications.
– Living, Dining, and bedroom furniture segments play an important role in China's economy. These furniture divisions are estimated to have provided a revenue of USD 80 billion to China, in 2019.
– According to the Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles (OICA), although there's a decline in 2019, Asia-Pacific leads global automobile production in recent years.
– Also, growing construction industry, rising government regulations on pollution, rapid industrialization further are projected to support in the growth of the green polyols and bio polyols market in the Asia-Pacific region.
The global green polyols and bio polyols market is partially consolidated in nature with a few major players occupying a significant portion of the market. Some of the major companies are Emery Oleochemicals, Cargill Inc, Arkema SA, Mitsui Chemicals, Inc, and BASF SE, among others.
Request For The Sample Report Here:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Applications for Bio-Friendly Organic Compounds
4.1.2 Growing Demand from the Construction Industry
4.2.1 High cost and Impact of COVID-19
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Material Type
5.1.1 Polyether Polyols
5.1.2 Polyester Polyols
5.1.3 Other Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.2 Building and Construction
5.2.5 Other End-user Industries
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Arkema S.A
6.4.2 BASF SE
6.4.4 Cargill Inc
6.4.5 Emery Oleochemicals
6.4.6 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.7 Jayant Agro-Organics Limited
6.4.8 Mitsui Chemicals, Inc
6.4.9 Piedmont Chemical Industries, Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Demand for Home Appliances
7.2 Other Opportunities
Request For Full Report >> Green and Bio Polyols Market
About SDKI :
The dynamic nature of business environment in the current global economy is raising the need amongst business professionals to update themselves with current situations in the market. To cater such needs, Shibuya Data Count ( SDKI ) provides market research reports to various business professionals across different industry verticals, such as healthcare & pharmaceutical, IT & telecom, chemicals and advanced materials, consumer goods & food, energy & power, manufacturing & construction, industrial automation & equipment and agriculture & allied activities amongst others.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.