Medway Voluntary Action (MVA) connects people and communities and are proud to have been delivering support to Medway's voluntary and community sector (VCS) for over 30 years.
Their aim is to make it simple for VCS organisations in Medway of all sizes to access support, encouragement and practical guidance so that they can focus on their day to day running of their charity or group.
With a network of over 1,000 local charities, MVA hold a local map of support and information to help organisations to develop and grow their community initiative – quite simply, they are a charity that helps other charities and local communities to thrive!
Funded by Medway Council, MVA can offer a wide range of support and this includes:
- One-stop shop' of online resources and guides to support communities and organisations/groups.
- Start-Up advice and support for new community ideasand initiatives
- 121 support providing experienced and expert guidance
- Funding & Income Generation Support
- Governance Support
- Funding & Marketing Training & Peer Support Club
- Supported Signposting and Introductions to VCS peers
- Collaborative Working Opportunities
- Back Office Services (EG: Printing, Scanning, Post)
- Networking Opportunities and events
- Training & Development support - including free 'Bitesize' sessions and bespoke 'in-house' solutions
- Monthly Newsletters full of News, Strategic Updates,
- Events, Opportunities & Volunteer Ads.
- Opportunities to earn money for your group whilst getting the voice of your service users heard (Involving Medway Focus Group Programme)
- Befriending Service Hub
- Online Searchable Database with details for 1,000+ local VCS groups/organisations
- MVA Membership Programme with exclusive benefits
- VCS Leaders Network events and activities
- MVA have recently launched a new 'Going Greener' webpage full of support and resources to help charities and groups in Medway be more sustainable and 'Go Greener'. You can visit this new area at .
MVA also manage Medway Volunteer Network which was established to support and grow Medway's volunteering community and enhance the capacity available to voluntary and community sector organisations in Medway.
Medway Volunteer Network will not only help your organisation engage with potential helpers, but also offers a range of support to help develop the support you offer to your volunteers. Visit to find out more about the wide range of support they have to offer.
The network also supports local people to find volunteering opportunities and get the most out of their volunteering experiences. Visit to see the range of advice and support they offer for local volunteers and to search for the most up to date volunteer vacancies in Medway,
If you are a local charity, or simply someone with an idea for helping out their community, then MVA can support your journey. For more information visit: or call and talk to one of the MVA team on 01634 812 850.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.