(MENAFN - The Conversation) Associate Professor of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies,
My research focuses on sexuality and gender, anti-LGBTQ+ prejudice, racial bias in educational and law enforcement contexts, and the relationship between social science and social change.
- 2013–present Associate Professor, Binghamton University, State University of New York
- 2004–2013 Assistant Professor, Binghamton University, State University of New York
- 2004 The Graduate Center, City University of New York, PhD, Social Personality Psychology
- 1998 Hunter College, City University of New York, MA, Social Personality Psychology
- 1998 The Graduate Center, City University of New York, MPhil, Social Personality Psychology
- 1994 Hunter College, City University of New York, BA, Psychology/English
- 2021 LGBT minority stress through a ''glocal'' lens., (forthcoming chapter) in G. Herdt, M. Marzullo, & N. Polen-Petit (Eds.), Locating Critical Sexuality: Forecasting the Trends of ''Glocal'' Sexual Literacy. New York: Anthem Press.
- 2021 Trending queer: Emerging adults and the growing resistance to compulsory heterosexuality, (forthcoming chapter) in Sexuality and Emerging Adulthood volume of the Oxford series on Emerging Adulthood. Oxford University Press.
- 2020 Introduction to LGBTQ+ Studies: An Open Textbook., SUNY OER
- 2018 Person- and Incident-Level Predictors of Blame, Disclosure, and Reporting to Authorities in Rape Scenarios., Journal of Interpersonal Violence
- 2018 Race and the politics of educational exclusion: explaining the persistence of disproportionate disciplinary practices in an urban school district, Race Ethnicity and Education
- 2018 Intimacy Through Casual Sex: Relational Context of Sexual Activity and Affectionate Behaviors., Journal of Relationships Research
- 2013 Modern Prejudice and Same-Sex Parenting: Shifting Judgments in Positive and Negative Parenting Situations, Journal of GLBT Family Studies
- 2013 Introducing ''Impact Validity''. , Journal of Social Issues
- 2012 Sexual hookup culture: A review., Review of General Psychology
- 2010 Valued differences or benevolent stereotypes? Exploring the influence of positive beliefs on anti-gay and anti-lesbian attitudes, Psychology & Sexuality
- 2010 Beyond Progress and Marginalization: LGBTQ Youth in Educational Contexts. , New York, NY: Peter Lang.
- 2009 Polymorphous Prejudice: Liberating the Measurement of Heterosexuals' Attitudes Toward Lesbians and Gay Men, Journal of Homosexuality
- 2006 Anti-Homosexual Prejudice... as Opposed to What? Queer Theory and the Social Psychology of Anti-Homosexual Prejudice, Journal of Homosexuality, Special Issue: The Contested Terrain of LGBT Studies and Queer Theory
- 1998 Qualitative Approaches to the Study of Thriving: What Can Be Learned?, Journal of Social Issues
Grants and Contracts
- 2018 Race, Economic Disadvantage, and Out-of-School Suspensions: Data, Dialogue, and Opportunities for Reform. Role: Co-PI Funding Source: Binghamton University Citizenship, Rights, and Cultural Belonging Transdisciplinary Areas of Excellence Seed Grant Program.
- 2013 The Lesbian and Gay Family Building Project. Role: Co-PI Funding Source: NY State Department of Health LGBT Health and Human Services Grant.
- Member, American Psychological Association, Divisions: 7, 8, 9, 35, 44, 45
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.